Nexium Prilosec & proton pump inhibitor Study Investigation & Lawsuit

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Last year at around this time a member was complaining about heart burn https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/22340-Fukk-me-in-the-ass-heart-burn?highlight=prilosec

Some of the guys in the thread mentioned they were using nexium & prilosec otc year round and to go ahead and try it

http://www.drugdangers.com/proton-pump-inhibitors/nexium-lawsuit

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2481157 <--- the study

post #60 back in 9-22-2016<--- From my experience with the product

Try the Tagamet dude seriously.

Those 24 hour pills are hardcore and really hard to get off of feels like you drank gasoline when you try to stop taking them.

Why do you think all these guys are saying they've been using them for years.

Because they cant stop using them and if they did their stomach acid pumps would kick in and burn the shit out of their stomach.

Last edited:

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like Prilosec and use it although I didnt open the threads Im certain I was one of the ones touting its effectiveness. Appologies to anyone harmed by my advice. I will try and use tagament agiain it probably still sucks.

Thanks for the heads up. Im thinking of PMing Zilla to see if he will let me rip your study and give you $hit for being a smarty pants...if so... I will be back!

Get ready for Hell!....because I like Prilosec and am used to taking it and dont want to change.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If you look at my post in the thread you see I have always had a acid problem. I think any drug can be hard on your system so mix it up is my suggestion. I slam tums like M&M's and when shit really goes south, I hit the drugs or 4 weeks and it seems to knock it down. Then the cycle starts again.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I take proposed, no problems in years. Elevating the head of your bed helps a lot too. I'm not talking pillows. Put two 2x4's under the head and get a 3" slant on the bed. Also I've noticed if I have a shake before bed I taste that sh*t all night vs no problems with actual food before bed.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
The JAMA study is only an observational study so it alone proves nothing. Furthermore, it followed Rx usage which generally means much longer duration of use and higher dosages. Finally, the average age of the people in the study was 63yo. At 63yo your risk for everything begins to go up. It doesn't mean this shouldn't be studied further but neither should the alarm bells be going off just yet.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Questions I would like to hear answers on

Do a majority of us have frequent heartburn or acid reflux

Why

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I do and I'm not sure why as my previous doctors basically said that if Tums was working then I should quit complaining and looking for answers. Anyway, this started well before steroids but tren and var do make it markedly worse.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I've had terrible reflux since I was very young. Been on Omeprozol for a couple years now and supplement b12 because my doc says it's been shown decrease absorption.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
The JAMA study is only an observational study so it alone proves nothing. Furthermore, it followed Rx usage which generally means much longer duration of use and higher dosages. Finally, the average age of the people in the study was 63yo. At 63yo your risk for everything begins to go up. It doesn't mean this shouldn't be studied further but neither should the alarm bells be going off just yet.

The study examined medical records of over ten thousand patients taking PPI's like nexium who were followed for an average of more than 13 years

that showed a 20 to 50% increased risk of chronic kidney disease

No alarm bells going off there ?

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The February 2016 issue of JAMA, Journal of the American Medical Association, included publication of new study results which showed a 20 to 50 percent increased risk of chronic kidney disease in patients taking Nexium (esomeprazole) and similar medications. The study examined medical records of over ten thousand patients taking Proton Pump Inhibitors like Nexium, who were followed for an average of more than 13 years and showed that the longer the drugs were taken, the greater the risk.

The study was an examination of over 10 thousand medical records followed for an average of more than 13 years of patients on PPI's

What kinda proof do you need to see before an alarm bell is going to go off ?

A causal link. What you posted is compelling however it's just correlation.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My son had a serious case of gurd. He was on prescription prilosec, pepcid, tums. I had to, like Bricks suggested, have a special raised bed made for him. Since then he has grown alot. He's 6ft tall at age 14 and he no longer needs the prilosec or pepcid. Thank goodness. I think diet has something to do with it. I'm also downing Tums all day long. Sometimes that acid will just rush right my mouth at night when I'm sleeping.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
A causal link. What you posted is compelling however it's just correlation.

Didn't think it was going to show up because it was in black print so I hand typed the just of it

At any rate it is starting to look like it is bad for you in the long run

May want to look into a safer bet

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Already read all that a long time ago
What did I say to make you think I interpret wrong ?
I've only recited what was written in the links

You don't understand that observational data, due to the uncontrolled variables, can never establish causation and, as such, is useless from a practical stand point. This was obvious from your "What kinda proof do you need to see before an alarm bell is going to go off?" response to POB :)

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
My son had a serious case of gurd. He was on prescription prilosec, pepcid, tums. I had to, like Bricks suggested, have a special raised bed made for him. Since then he has grown alot. He's 6ft tall at age 14 and he no longer needs the prilosec or pepcid. Thank goodness. I think diet has something to do with it. I'm also downing Tums all day long. Sometimes that acid will just rush right my mouth at night when I'm sleeping.

Are you eating right before bed time ?

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
You don't understand that observational data, due to the uncontrolled variables, can never establish causation and, as such, is useless from a practical stand point. This was obvious from your "What kinda proof do you need to see before an alarm bell is going to go off?" response to POB :)

It was sarcasm meaning something like do you need to actually smell the shit before you know it stinks.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
It was sarcasm meaning something like do you need to actually smell the shit before you know it stinks.

Which was my response to Doc not POB since we are talking about getting facts straight and interpreting with precision

New Threads