What Happens to Yer Body During a 10,000 Calorie Cheat Day?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Posting this here as I believe it meets the standard (or comes close) for handling an age-old question in a scientific way - specifically what effect a large 'cheat day' has on yer body composition.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
His girlfriend did the same 10,000 experiment - here's her 'outcome' video which goes into a good bit of scientific detail.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what did it do to him???????????????????????????? lol

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
His girlfriend did the same 10,000 experiment - here's her 'outcome' video which goes into a good bit of scientific detail.

That's all terrifying considering I know people who eat like that every day. Not quite as many calories, but the diet...

mrmichael

Reaction score
I watched ur videos u posted on my thread. The thing is these guys were prob bulking prior to doing a cheat day, They were already in a surplus ready to store and they abused their bodies with 10k and ended up like that....My thread talked about being in a deficit with low leptin levels and slowed down metabolism adjusted to low calories tossed in with a shock of glyocen depleted muscles, then doing a binge like this. The body can't handle it that fast for such a major change.

Doc was right, some fat is stored, but defo not 4lbs+ like these guys... It really is tons of bloat that should not last long.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Jeff's video was very good, plenty of scientific data thrown in there so it certainly belongs in this section :)
I do want to mention that, in terms of macronutrient composition, protein intake also has a big impact on the fraction of the energy intake being stored as fat when overall calories are in excess. Specifically, this metabolic ward study found that, with a 40% caloric surplus, bumping up protein intake to 1.8g/kg can reduce the % of calories stored as fat from 75% to 50%. And this was measured over a longer period of time so, it makes a big difference in terms of nutrient partitioning (more cals to muscle).

Her video was fine but using calipers to measure body comp when you have access to a lab...disappointed.

mrmichael

Reaction score
Jeff's video was very good, plenty of scientific data thrown in there so it certainly belongs in this section :)
I do want to mention that, in terms of macronutrient composition, protein intake also has a big impact on the fraction of the energy intake being stored as fat when overall calories are in excess. Specifically, this metabolic ward study found that, with a 40% caloric surplus, bumping up protein intake to 1.8g/kg can reduce the % of calories stored as fat from 75% to 50%. And this was measured over a longer period of time so, it makes a big difference in terms of nutrient partitioning (more cals to muscle).

Her video was fine but using calipers to measure body comp when you have access to a lab...disappointed.

Thanks for the reply Zilla. Appreciate it, helps solve this mystery that I always see going on on YT videos.

PS: I sent u a PM about a week ago or half a week ago, with a few more short questions I'm struggling with. Any chance u can take a peak and give me some Expert advice? I'm sorry for the pestering :s

New Threads