Looking for injection site symptoms advice

Trout90

Reaction score
I started running test after being off for a while. I've never ran this lab before. I ran 1cc of test E in my deltoid on Saturday. The pip was more severe than usual but has subsided a lot and is pretty minor and bearable now. What has be concerned is the is a not large but visable firm knot about 2 inches below where the injection was near the bottom of the deltoid and redness along with some swelling in most of the side of my upper arm. It seemed to start swelling more a day or two after the injection. Was curious if anyone ever experienced anything like this. It is new to me. Today would mark the 4th day since the injection. Thank you for any input.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Virgin muscle? That doesn't sound normal but not sure if it's dirty gear or not. You are doing everything to prevent the chance of an infection right? Even Pharm Test can give you an infection if you decide to inject after dropping the pin on the bathroom floor.

Try this if you can. Pin your glutes with the same gear. Glutes are more forgiving for the most part. If you have the same reaction, pitch the gear. Just be smart about the current situation and if it gets swollen, warm to the touch or you run a fever, get to the Dr. for some antibiotics.

Trout90

Reaction score
Today was supposed to be my second pin but I decided to hold off to see how I react tomorrow. It was a new pin I opened and just cleaned my arm but doesn't seem to match an abcess or anything else I can find. If it gets any worse I'll definitely go to the doc but it's baffling me right now

Trout90

Reaction score
I have injected in delts before too but never had a reaction like this. I'm already debating pitching the vial at least

Trout90

Reaction score
10-4 guys. Woke up this morning and seems as tho it might be slightly better. At least the knot has gone down a little. I'll monitor it throughout the day to decide if a doc visit is necessary or if it is healing. I'm also wondering if it could have been an allergic reacting based on the oils used or something. If it continues to heal I'll try the flute next

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Virgin muscle? That doesn't sound normal but not sure if it's dirty gear or not. You are doing everything to prevent the chance of an infection right? Even Pharm Test can give you an infection if you decide to inject after dropping the pin on the bathroom floor.

Try this if you can. Pin your glutes with the same gear. Glutes are more forgiving for the most part. If you have the same reaction, pitch the gear. Just be smart about the current situation and if it gets swollen, warm to the touch or you run a fever, get to the Dr. for some antibiotics.

POB loves his glutes pinned :32 (16):

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Man I had the same thing happen to me last week. Had my old lady pin my felt day after a hard knot and a red mark the size of a dime. I think some of the gear had not gone into the muscle and was settling above it . Itl seep in just might take a little while. That's my .02.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Man I had the same thing happen to me last week. Had my old lady pin my felt day after a hard knot and a red mark the size of a dime. I think some of the gear had not gone into the muscle and was settling above it . Itl seep in just might take a little while. That's my .02.

IMO this is what it is.. Ive gotten this kind of thing from pinning delts and especially with too short of a needle or pushing too fast. Some of it goes sub-q and drifts down your arm a little. It goes away. Also for me part of it is probably that my delts are not too big.