Newbie with unique question/situation....help please!

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm experienced in the world of weights and cardio machines, but am a complete newbie to the concept of chemical enhancement.
I also have a unique question about my situation.

quick back story.....
great success in muscle-building and strength training in my teen years and early 20's.
back surgery at age 25 due to a badly herniated L5-S1 disc.
never made it back to the gym after the surgery......
......fell into bad eating habits and minimal to no exercise for 12 years.
38 now and have been back in the gym for about a year.
gains are slow in my "old age." (no offense anybody >38)

got my testosterone level checked months back and found it to be low.
got a Rx for test and have been injecting myself weekly with...... oh shit,
can't remember the amount and I'm not at home..... will follow up with that later.
later blood work found my levels to be back up in the appropriate range for a young man again.
That has helped some with gains, but I have pretty much leveled off again.

I have been studying chemical enhancement a lot lately. I'm wondering
about adding something on top of the testosterone shot I'm already getting.
I assume that my "normal" testosterone level with the shot is probably still
not at a "therapeutic" level for chemical enhancement.

I've been looking at Deca as a possible starting place as it seems to have (possibly) less
cardiovascular side effects than many of the other choices and is not hepatotoxic.

Interested in hearing any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!
Michael

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
My advice is keep reading/studying. That being said, I lifted for 38 years straight, before starting on Test-E almost 2 years ago.
I threw in Deca a couple of times, and running HGH now. I think I will just stick w/ Test and HGH, that is where I feel best.
Orals like Anavar dont do much for me except anxiety. Read, go slow when experimenting, see where you feel your best...

Reactions: IHI

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

Rot said it best, study study study and if/when you know as much as you can with what you will try, I recommend starting low. You’ll see alot of regimens, but remember most of the doses are from guys that have been doing it awhile and have learned hiw they reacted and counter measures to offset the side effects that come with any “above therapeutic” doses and/or accessory stuff.

I spent 6 yrs on trt, spent 7yrs studying all I could (1yr ore trt and never stopped since) so i knew what to ask talking to docs as i was going thru all the testing (literally 7 months and 7 doctors later) before i got a prescription. Ive dabbeled but have had a few injuries and a surgery now rehabbing that have gotten in the way of a true to life experiment- BUT, i believe most will tell ya to do only testosterone for your first few experiments since that alone is a proven base and nets great results. You will learn how your body reacts, and since test is the foundation, if/when you do add other compounds and things go sideways, you will be able to say “this is new” and know its likely a response to the new stuff you added vs just throwing a bunch of stuff at your body and not knowing which is causing what for side effects.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I doubt you've truly hit a plateau. If you decide to go on a blast just up your test to 500-600/wk for 14 weeks. No need to add another compound. See how your body reacts to higher levels of test first.

Welcome.

Reaction score
Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the thoughtful advice.

One more questions.... Since I am on a regular dose of testosterone injections weekly from my physician
(which only gets my test levels to "normal"), I am curious how this would work for PCT.

If I upped the test for a cycle, and then dropped down to my regular weekly injections, would those
regular injections sort of take care of any concerns about the cycle diminishing my natural test production?
I already know that I have lower productions, hence the weekly shots in the first place. I figure I would still
have to do some sort of anti-estrogen supplementation though, right?

Thanks again everyone

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. First, your situation isnt unique. Second if you're on TRT you don't have any natural testosterone production . Those weekly shots are going to shut that down. As part of your research you may want to start with how your body works as far as normal hormone production and what happens when you introduce exogenous hormones. PCT is to restore your bodys natural test production. Your TRT is replacing your body's natural test production, thus no need for PCT.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You don't plateau because of a lack of drugs you plateau because you didn't get stronger and / or eat enough.

Get stronger and eat more.

Also you don't do a pct when you are on trt. And you should really give yourself more time on trt to make sure the dose is right for you.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd figure out where you want to be; both strength wise and body composition. Then work it backward. You may find you can do what you want on your TRT dose with some good diet and training.

Reaction score
very clear and thoughtful answers all around! Thanks again everyone! will continue my research and in the meantime keep the diet and gym on point.

New Threads