Problems with nylon filtrage of Testosterone Enanthate

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Dunno if this is the right forum, maybe you can move the thread another direction which fits better.

Well, Iam doing some homebrewing stuff with Nylon filters and a (strong 7mbar vacuum pump). I have no problems filtering huge amounts of Drostanolon, Test P or Trenbolon Enanthate. Everything is no problem to be sterile filtered pretty fast.
But (the problem lasts for long and is not new to me) for Testosterone Enanthate, even 150 ml are hard to clean up with one filter. Also small styringe filters are not working...

So i have several ideas about this:

1. The raw material is poluted with dust or other shit which is cloggin my pores of the membranes. However the raw solution is pretty clean und not cloudy or something like this.
2. My recipe suxx and its probably too viscous? For 100 ml TE iam using 69,5 ml Grape seed oil, 2ml BA, 10 ml BB. Actually for other steroids I am using more BB thant for Testo Enanthate but i do not thing this is the problem.

Any one of your suffering from same experience and have a conculsion for this?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Dunno if this is the right forum, maybe you can move the thread another direction which fits better.

Well, Iam doing some homebrewing stuff with Nylon filters and a (strong 7mbar vacuum pump). I have no problems filtering huge amounts of Drostanolon, Test P or Trenbolon Enanthate. Everything is no problem to be sterile filtered pretty fast.
But (the problem lasts for long and is not new to me) for Testosterone Enanthate, even 150 ml are hard to clean up with one filter. Also small styringe filters are not working...

So i have several ideas about this:

1. The raw material is poluted with dust or other shit which is cloggin my pores of the membranes. However the raw solution is pretty clean und not cloudy or something like this.
2. My recipe suxx and its probably too viscous? For 100 ml TE iam using 69,5 ml Grape seed oil, 2ml BA, 10 ml BB. Actually for other steroids I am using more BB thant for Testo Enanthate but i do not thing this is the problem.

Any one of your suffering from same experience and have a conculsion for this?
What pore size is the filter? Also what kind of filter system are you using? Your BB Is high. Infact you don't even need BB in test e 250mg nevermind 150.

Reaction score
Iam using a glas flask with a büchner funnel on top. Ultipor Nylon (PA) 100mm diameter 0,2 µm pore size.
As i said its working perfectly for Tren E, Drosta E, Testo P, Deca with a more or less fast passing rate. 250ml in about 15min is no problem at all with these steroids.
Also iam using the same oil for everything iam brewing and BB mostly 10-15%.

But for Testosterone Enanthate i really need about 2 hours for just 100ml ... I have tried out no BB, 5 % BB, 10 % BB and even 20 % BB. Nothing changes at all.
My assumption is that there is something in the raw material which is clotting my pores.... But its actually a high purity raw material (iam working as a biochemist and have analyzed this shit of course). I did HPLC testing, LC-MC and even some old-school meltin point tests.. Purity of all tests about 99%, deviation of +/- 2% . Well what i havent done is microbiological experiments... but i do not think of a high microbial polution.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is it possible you have a leak somewhere and don't have as strong a vacuum as you think?

Reaction score
I agree with pillarobalance, it sounds like you might have a leak somewhere brother. However I don't know if your pump has a gauge on it but if it does usually when there's a leak 9 times out of 10 the gauge will jump around. It happened to me once and it literally was going from 0 to 20 faster than my eyes could watch it. If you don't mind I would like to know what kind of filter you using meaning what brand? The reason I ask is because when I used to use gso I would be very lucky if I could do 250 ml in 30 minutes sometimes 45, and that was with a .45um filter. That was the main reason I switched to MCT, and now only use Miglyol 840. I will get so mad that it would take 30 to 45 minutes to filter 250 ml that when I came across Mig 840 and filtered it for the first time I was like a little kid at Christmas I couldn't believe that 500ml got filtered in under 20 minutes.. Also you said you using a buncher funnel, I know you probably already checked this but just check your rubber stopper and make sure it's holding a seal and there's no cracks in it. When I used to use a glass bottle top filter with a glass further piece to hold my filter I would have to put Teflon tape around it if I want it my pressure any higher in 15 nm/hg. I hope you figure it out brother, and if you don't mind shoot me a message..

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only other thing I can think of trying is to add a little at a time and keep the oil warm as you filter it.

Reaction score
there is no leak, I thought the same first but I did 7mbar today and the ****ing shit didnt moved after around 70ml which passed through. I really was afraid that my funnel will explode :D.
Tomorrow I will try a pre filtration with some paper filters... I am pretty sure right know that there is something which is clotting my pores because the filtration speed is fine at the beginning and getting more worse the bigger the amount passed through. As I said this is only for Testosteron Enanthate. I did some propionat aswell today and it was absolutely no problem like always. I really have no scientifical explanation for this except its poluted with something which is clotting the pores. But i cant see the issue visually

Reaction score
Keeping it warm sounds good actually... it would explain that the first mililiters are passing with no problems.. Of course the solution is loosing temperature over time... I will investigate this aswell..

But from your side no one has ever had such problems with TE ?

Reaction score
When you were trying to do it or should I say trying to filter it the oil was not warm? Personally what I do is only add 100 maybe 150 ml at a time for two reasons the first reason in case to filter gets clogged I hate dumping it back out into the media bottle that it just came out of. The other reason I like to make sure it is at least a 110° so it will filter faster. However depending on what brand your filter is you should check the specifications and see what the highest temperature is that it can handle. Reason being there is a big difference between trying to filter at room temperature which is around 70 degrees and filter at 120 degrees.

However bro it sounds like you have checked everything and you know what you're doing so I would have to agree with you and say it sounds like you're raw might be contaminated this is happened to me one time. I've heard other stories about other people stuff being contaminated to but I can't say for sure but it sounds like you've covered all bases.

New Threads