women and test cyp

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah she tells the doctor all the time that she wants her bloods run and they put her off then she said something about maybe her test could be low and the doctors just got all bent... we live in a very rural area and theres not a lot of forward thinking... I would like to see her check everything out and go the test route if all else fails.... but its not up to me cuz she got her mind made up already.... and from all ive read and studied she more than likely is right and it is her test....if I cant stop her maybe I can at least help guide her in the right direction so to minimize the mistakes .....that's why ive came to you guys with the questions....

yep, it sucks that you guys are in such a rural place but it's anywhere to a point I think...I'm just lucky as my GP is also a hormone Dr. that believes in treating women for low test...we tested mine and I was at "5" lol...women's can be between 7-40, so mine being at 5 he was like let's do this shit! :)

Chillinlow

Reaction score
yeah she tells the doctor all the time that she wants her bloods run and they put her off then she said something about maybe her test could be low and the doctors just got all bent... we live in a very rural area and theres not a lot of forward thinking... I would like to see her check everything out and go the test route if all else fails.... but its not up to me cuz she got her mind made up already.... and from all ive read and studied she more than likely is right and it is her test....if I cant stop her maybe I can at least help guide her in the right direction so to minimize the mistakes .....that's why ive came to you guys with the questions....

If you have a crossfire can't be to small of a area, find another doctor. Running bloods is the only way to find low levels. Any doctor that doesn't run bloods is not a doctor. Every insurance company I know of even pays for your basic bloodwork annually as it is preventative care. If you ask for thyroid tes etc levels a real doctor would have no problem running labs. Get a new doctor.

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
normal bloods is one thing......checking women's "test" level isn't typical and I paid "extra" for that blood test ;)

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
normal bloods is one thing......checking women's "test" level isn't typical and I paid "extra" for that blood test ;)

I believe you, BUT, since so many people, especially woman have thyroid issues, and the OP’s original listed reasons are common thyroid symptoms, getting basic labs and a thyroid panel, before just self prescribing things without knowing what the heck is ACTUALLY going on internally, is both careless and foolish.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I believe you, BUT, since so many people, especially woman have thyroid issues, and the OP’s original listed reasons are common thyroid symptoms, getting basic labs and a thyroid panel, before just self prescribing things without knowing what the heck is ACTUALLY going on internally, is both careless and foolish.

lol, but what you are missing is the MAIN reason "test" was mentioned....."training" not medical ;) She wants it to look like the chicks taking it in her gym :)

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
lol, but what you are missing is the MAIN reason "test" was mentioned....."training" not medical ;) She wants it to look like the chicks taking it in her gym :)

Admittedly i havent really dug into possible thyroid problems and using exogenous testosterone, but the few articles ive breezed thru all say that adding exergenous test can actually exerbate(sp?) thyroid problems since it disrupts the circle of life (laymans term) to how all our hormones play off eachother. So it suppressed one, over comensates another and gives a false positive regarding T4 to T3 and that can make things worse.

yeah test is important/critical, but thyroid plays a much more important role in daily functions, so if you dont realize your hyper/hypo thyroid and just add test because you want to keep up with the cool kids at the gym (without knowing everything is a okay even though symptoms are textbook for thyroid issues) she/they could be making a bad problem worse in the big picture.

and thats all im trying to say by pushing this- my wife had op’s sides as well as a few others, i get to see daily what it did left unchecked for too long causing irreversible physical damage. So for no more than lab work is, getting a panel done, i guess maybe im alone on this, seems like the easiest way to verify all is well and play as you wish, or welllll, we found a few things and need to run a couple more tests to confirm....

New Threads