women and test cyp

Reaction score
Hey ladies I know that this is sumwhat frowned upon but my wife has in her head that she is going to do this hell or high water... so I thought I would do my best to gather as much real world info as possible... she is 34yrs old 5'5 140 and a mother of two... she does crossfit 3 days a week and despite the fact she wants to be smaller I think that she looks perfect... but her lift numbers aren't where she wants them to be and shes always tired and has zero sex drive.. I think some of the girls she works out with are the ones pushing her in this direction..they are the same size or smaller and even older and they are out performing her and we both know that is the only reason is because of the added help...ive said anavar and she is got her mind made up on the test cyp.. cuz that's what the other girls are doing and she sees the results.... so pros cons dosage amounts and how ofton. how soon will it kick in just any info I could use I would greatly appreciate ...

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell her to start with var if anything.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
This may be one of the best things for you both. Have her start out at 10mg/wk and see how it goes for 2 months. If all is good, bump it to 20 mg/wk. Pay attention to the sides because some do not go away with discontinuing the test. I'd hold of on the Var for now.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ok...it depends on if she is wanting this for improving her "mental state/life" or is this just for "training"?

as there are sides she WILL get that she might not want to deal with......and no...it's NOT A DICK

I have been running 20mg a week for years now...but it's only as TRT...I would never run it for building :)

Aoutest

Reaction score
There is no reason to start with Cyp if you can get Prop. Women respond in amazing ways to exogenous testosterone. I run 200mg/wk of Compounded Pharma test Prop for my TRT and my blood levels are normally in the 1200s. That is a 6x multiplier.

My wife runs 10mg of Prop a week and her levels are in the 200s (a 20x multiplier). Everyone is different and will respond differently but if she gets some sides, the cyp is going to take a bit longer to clear. Wife has run up to 20mg a week and that cause some swelling and clitoral growth that, while hot, we were not ready to commit to anything permanent. The beauty of the prop ester is that it will clear faster and you can dial her in safer.

If you just have cyp, I agree with the above poster that 10mg a week is PLENTY to start.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ok...it depends on if she is wanting this for improving her "mental state/life" or is this just for "training"?

as there are sides she WILL get that she might not want to deal with......and no...it's NOT A DICK

I have been running 20mg a week for years now...but it's only as TRT...I would never run it for building :)
Jumbo shrimp Rangoon

Reaction score
well I think she is going for the performance side of it cuz she knows what she does for a workout and they are doing the same things but are getting better results ... the only difference is the test... they are on it and she isn't...I'm sure the mental part would be a welcome change as well ... if it helps any with her mood , overall since of well being, libido , energy levels ... just ant combo of those things would be great... bad thing on the prop is the more frequent inject as opposed to the cyp.. but I totally understand about the quick to get out of the system thought... going the cyp route how long would it take for her to feel like it maybe working

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well I think she is going for the performance side of it cuz she knows what she does for a workout and they are doing the same things but are getting better results ... the only difference is the test... they are on it and she isn't...I'm sure the mental part would be a welcome change as well ... if it helps any with her mood , overall since of well being, libido , energy levels ... just ant combo of those things would be great... bad thing on the prop is the more frequent inject as opposed to the cyp.. but I totally understand about the quick to get out of the system thought... going the cyp route how long would it take for her to feel like it maybe working

Well, if it's more for a training aspect...not sure on what amount she should use because at 20mg a week of CYP (which I totally agree she should use instead of prop, but that's my opinion) she isn't going to get "major" muscles lol.....so good luck on that part. As far as if it will help in other areas, of course...I've been on Dr. prescribed TRT for years and I'll never stop :)

It will take a few weeks to kick in...good luck! :)

Reaction score
thanks for the help... if she is going for the muscle side of the deal what dosage do you recommend..... and if its more for the mental aspect of it then what would you say is a good place to start

Reaction score
hey I was just reading through some older post and I saw a thread about NPP and women but it didn't go into much detail... is that a option.. I have that on hand as well as the cyp... if it is then what are the pros and cons if she were to go that route....would she still get the mental part as well as the phys. or is it all together different

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help... if she is going for the muscle side of the deal what dosage do you recommend..... and if its more for the mental aspect of it then what would you say is a good place to start

well....to be honest, I'm the one that figured out 20mg is what works for me for TRT and told my Dr. ..:)..that's after playing around a little to find out what dose worked best for "me".

As for using it to train, I have no idea but she will have to do the same...play around and see what works best for her and what sides she can deal with..and the sides ...hair loss/growth in manly areas...clit growth...voice deepening....maybe zits....and who else knows as we are all different. Maybe start at 20..bump to 30 etc...

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
.would she still get the mental part as well as the phys. or is it all together different

NO, it's not the same at all....sides are the same to a point but now add bloating and of course whatever else she might/might not get

Reaction score
I will keep that in mind... I mostly get on here to read good info and just lurk.... lots of these guys are pretty funny.. its just a different world than the one I live in and I just think its full of first hand info that is pretty good and mostly came from first hand experience instead of some lab test reading...but thanx again to all those who responded

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
.. she is 34yrs old 5'5 140 and a mother of two... she does crossfit 3 days a week and despite the fact she wants to be smaller I think that she looks perfect... but her lift numbers aren't where she wants them to be and shes always tired and has zero sex drive.. ...

I hate to be a careful guy ;) but honestly, has she spoken to her doctor about the fatigue and low/no libido? I know shes a mom, she’s busy, and you probably hear that often because moms always worry about taking care of everybody else but themselves. I say this because id much rather see her thyroid results mainly, before using any aas as a band aid that may be masking a serious health issue. My wife had those symptoms, i argued for her to get checked out and excuses galore were my answers id get....well, after her eyes literally were bulging out of her face (she used to have the most beautiful eyes and what set my hook) only to look like garfeild, her OBGYN said something to her at her annual, had labs run, then found out she had graves disease because her thyroid stopped functioning properly:(

the physical damage is permanent, they have a surgery to carve out your orbital sockets behind your eyes so they have a larger hole to recess back into, but outcome isn’t guaranteed and some women have lost vision afterwards....so shes not interested in that at all.

so seriously bud, if she hasnt spoken with her doctor, its more common of a problem then she thinks with the low libido/fatigue so no need to feel embarrassed, but it could be a simple fix with proper meds to get her hormones back inline since the tyroid affects a TON of different aspects in the body....so trying to take a booster without knowing a root cause (if any) is reckless at best. Ya gotta know where your at before you know where your going; otherwise further damage/problems can result.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
There is no reason to start with Cyp if you can get Prop. Women respond in amazing ways to exogenous testosterone. I run 200mg/wk of Compounded Pharma test Prop for my TRT and my blood levels are normally in the 1200s. That is a 6x multiplier.

Please explain what you mean by multiplier. Last blood work I got, the units weren't in mg.

Aoutest

Reaction score
Please explain what you mean by multiplier. Last blood work I got, the units weren't in mg.

What I mean by a multiplier is the ratio of mg of testosterone administered related to ng/dl of total testosterone. When people post bloodwork from an UGL, sometimes people will think that the gear is either underdosed or over dosed due to the "multiplier". So for example, I am on TRT at 200mg a week. My blood work comes back at 1200ng/dl or so total test (6x multiplier). If I used UGL test and my 200mg weekly shot gave me 2000ng/dl (or a 10x multiplier), I would know that the gear was overdosed. Everyone responds differently though. 200mg a week puts most men was over 1200 but I'm not a huge responder.

It's not linear by any stretch. Wife's multiplier is huge. Most of the women I know on test have bigger multipliers. It also seems to taper off with larger doses for me as well. If I blast a gram a week, I do not see 6000ng/dl total test so the 6x multiplier isn't linear.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
yeah she tells the doctor all the time that she wants her bloods run and they put her off then she said something about maybe her test could be low and the doctors just got all bent... we live in a very rural area and theres not a lot of forward thinking... I would like to see her check everything out and go the test route if all else fails.... but its not up to me cuz she got her mind made up already.... and from all ive read and studied she more than likely is right and it is her test....if I cant stop her maybe I can at least help guide her in the right direction so to minimize the mistakes .....that's why ive came to you guys with the questions....

New Threads