Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 892 Posts

Whats the best rep....

well since my shoulder surgery last january,im not ever gonna be able to powerlift ever again,and i was wanting some advice what rep regime would be suffient for mass building workouts since i cant train really heavy anymore?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts

Re: Whats the best rep....

What exactly are the limitations that your injury has burdened you with? Can you bench, OHP or row at all without pain?
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Zeek

Start looking into HGH bullseye!!!

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    What exactly are the limitations that your injury has burdened you with? Can you bench, OHP or row at all without pain?
    yea i can bench,flat,incline,decline,db etc,miliitary press etc.....but my shoulder's nerves makes my arm shake when i bench,i can pretty much do any excercise i want,but ive lost alot of strenght,and cant bench heavy anymore,i had 4 bone spurs removed and my labrum repaired and the doctor tighten it up so much,that i lost some of my ROM,but i can still do most any excercise
    Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    Start looking into HGH bullseye!!!
    oh man im saving for it for sure!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,093 Times in 7,795 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    yea i can bench,flat,incline,decline,db etc,miliitary press etc.....but my shoulder's nerves makes my arm shake when i bench,i can pretty much do any excercise i want,but ive lost alot of strenght,and cant bench heavy anymore,i had 4 bone spurs removed and my labrum repaired and the doctor tighten it up so much,that i lost some of my ROM,but i can still do most any excercise
    oh man im saving for it for sure!!!!!
    Well, keep the definition of "heavy" relative... I would say go as heavy as safely possible. I don't think I could be more specific than that bro since I'm not in your shoes.... You tried playing around with grip width? Wider grip will put more tension on the shoulder but there is less rotation of the shoulder itself. A closer grip has less tension on the shoulder but more rotation of the shoulder joint...

One thing you should consider is purchasing a sling shot. http://www.howmuchyabench.net/

That will help keep your shoulders very stable, and take a lot of the pressure off of them... I have it, so does OldSchool and we both love it.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Well, keep the definition of "heavy" relative... I would say go as heavy as safely possible. I don't think I could be more specific than that bro since I'm not in your shoes.... You tried playing around with grip width? Wider grip will put more tension on the shoulder but there is less rotation of the shoulder itself. A closer grip has less tension on the shoulder but more rotation of the shoulder joint...

One thing you should consider is purchasing a sling shot. http://www.howmuchyabench.net/

That will help keep your shoulders very stable, and take a lot of the pressure off of them... I have it, so does OldSchool and we both love it.
    thanks i will try closer grip on bench for sure and take a look at those slinshots....i may have another question for you about this here in a little while,thank you