Tinymk Training log

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry I was tied up all day yesterday or I would have posted it earlier.

Meet went fine, I made a few mistakes and it cost my goal total, I missed it by 14 pounds. Weighed in at 272.5 pretty solid at 47 years old.

In the meet I went 7 for 9, missing a 573 squat, lost my balance coming out of the hole, to come back on my 3rd and smoke it. I also missed my last deadlift of 666 pounds, just didn't have it today to lock it out.
Final lifts were 573 raw squat/ 463 bench and a 650 deadlift for a 1686 total. It will but me in the top 6 nationally for the PLW masters rankings. All and all, I did the grind to get ready, showed up to fight whoever was in my classes and compete against my own number and had some relative success. Gotta call it a win even though, I missed my total. I get 2 weeks to rest and go back into meet prep as our USPA Mountain West Regionals are in 12 weeks and I will better this total at this meet! Won both classes, Open and masters and was awarded meets best lifter by Wilkes.
Thanks again to all you guys who supported me through this, great people.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Great job. Thanks for taking us along on your journey.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Great job dude. You really can't ask for much more. You didn't have another pound left in the tank and left it all out there. Happy for ya!

I do think you need your head examined for want to do another so quick. lol Man, I could only think about was recovering, pizza and getting laid right after a meet. God bless you and your wolverine body.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Well I am 8 weeks out from the USPA Mountain West Regionals.
Training is going as planned thus far, my elbow has pretty much healed as has my groin.

This is a highlight of the 8 weeks training, solid week and got through it with zero injuries. At 47 this is always a factor.
I appreciate the board and everyone here who has supported me, it means alot. I will crunch my numbers from the last meet, I will put the work in and I will perform on meet day to my potential...

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well I am 8 weeks out from the USPA Mountain West Regionals.
Training is going as planned thus far, my elbow has pretty much healed as has my groin.

This is a highlight of the 8 weeks training, solid week and got through it with zero injuries. At 47 this is always a factor.
I appreciate the board and everyone here who has supported me, it means alot. I will crunch my numbers from the last meet, I will put the work in and I will perform on meet day to my potential...

JESUS.....Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:32 (19)::32 (20):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice job tiny! I love those DL block pulls. Far as I'm concerned, anyone who is a PL'er and not making them a staple of their training is selling their DL short.

New Threads