Natty Newbie

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It seems like especially in bodybuilding there's a push for people to get on gear as early as possible, as that is what "is necessary" to be the best. Which is why you see a lot of really young bodybuilders juicing.

A lot of these guys need to give their bodies some credit. You can make incredible gains in your late teens early twenties completely natural.

Many of these guys who just hop hop on gear to ‘be the best’ don’t realize that they’re impulsively making a decision that can alter the fundamentals of their physiology FOR LIFE.

I didn’t do my first cycle until I was in my mid twenties and then I took a 5 year break from any anabolics to focus on my family and business and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. Could I have started gear in my early twenties and become a monster? Sure. Would it have been worth it compared to what I have now at the age of 30? Absolutely not!

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
A lot of these guys need to give their bodies some credit. You can make incredible gains in your late teens early twenties completely natural.

Many of these guys who just hop hop on gear to ‘be the best’ don’t realize that they’re impulsively making a decision that can alter the fundamentals of their physiology FOR LIFE.

I didn’t do my first cycle until I was in my mid twenties and then I took a 5 year break from any anabolics to focus on my family and business and it’s the best decision I’ve ever made. Could I have started gear in my early twenties and become a monster? Sure. Would it have been worth it compared to what I have now at the age of 30? Absolutely not!

Seems like you went about it in a very smart and educated way. I think it will be really interesting to see how the young bodybuilders of today are holding up in lets say 20-30 years....

When you are in your early 20s / late teens, are you still seeing improved gains due to increased hormone production, or is that something that only really happens when you're younger / mid teens?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think Hurt can give you some incredible advice. Hurt and I are similar in age but had different goals and different motivations. he's one of the best dudes I know from the boards (and we've been around the block a time or two). we're both young (older than you) but have a tremendous amount of respect for exogenous substances.

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
I think Hurt can give you some incredible advice. Hurt and I are similar in age but had different goals and different motivations. he's one of the best dudes I know from the boards (and we've been around the block a time or two). we're both young (older than you) but have a tremendous amount of respect for exogenous substances.

Seems like a lot of people here know their shit, so I'm really looking forward to learning whatever they're willing to teach me!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seems like you went about it in a very smart and educated way. I think it will be really interesting to see how the young bodybuilders of today are holding up in lets say 20-30 years....

When you are in your early 20s / late teens, are you still seeing improved gains due to increased hormone production, or is that something that only really happens when you're younger / mid teens?

You are absolutely still seeing gains at that age range! I made continual gains throughout my late teens and early twenties.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Thanks so much for the kind words man -
we were fortunate to find a solid group of guys and gals despite just a few bad apples. Uro listen to what guys like Spongy say - he knows his stuff and genuinely cares.

Decisions like whether to inject your body with exogenous hormones are truly life hanging and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
You are absolutely still seeing gains at that age range! I made continual gains throughout my late teens and early twenties.

That's good, I think it's easy to get caught up in all the hype of wanting to do steroids and such at a young age. I was like that, but started doing the research and realized it would likely have some really bad effects on my endocrine system / hormones, something I really don't want to have to deal with, especially when I'm young. Seems like this forum will help me see through the bullshit thats peddled around and reach my goals naturally first, and then geared when / if I'm ready.

It's funny, drugs are used recreationally here all the time, but most people don't think of the long term consequences they could have, and I think that mentally applies to steroids with some people.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the kind words man -
we were fortunate to find a solid group of guys and gals despite just a few bad apples. Uro listen to what guys like Spongy say - he knows his stuff and genuinely cares.

Decisions like whether to inject your body with exogenous hormones are truly life hanging and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

I don't mean to overstep with this statement... but Hurts statement "Decisions like whether to inject your body with exogenous hormones are truly life hanging and shouldn’t be taken lightly" is so important given the origin. Nothing is worth your future brother. you've got the right attitude and at your age can continue growing without exogenous hormones.

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
I don't mean to overstep with this statement... but Hurts statement "Decisions like whether to inject your body with exogenous hormones are truly life hanging and shouldn’t be taken lightly" is so important given the origin. Nothing is worth your future brother. you've got the right attitude and at your age can continue growing without exogenous hormones.

People here constantly say that doing a steroid cycle while young is not good, and I didn't really start taking that seriously until I came here. Even on the steroids subreddit people were a little less adament about waiting to start.

I here 25 tossed around a lot for the age to start steroids, is that still what people recommend as the absolute youngest?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the best advice I can give you is to get a blood test done before you start and show it here. many 9f us started very young and we all will way the same thing... be sure, study, analyze...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
People here constantly say that doing a steroid cycle while young is not good, and I didn't really start taking that seriously until I came here. Even on the steroids subreddit people were a little less adament about waiting to start.

I here 25 tossed around a lot for the age to start steroids, is that still what people recommend as the absolute youngest?

i would say 30s

Rivere Stelanos

Reaction score
I say you should wait as long as possible to start steroids. Let your body reach its full potential before trying to make it go further. If you ever start steroids, start at your mid 30s to 40s.

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board young man. After seeing you in the member picks you have done a great job. Like many others have said you have years of natty training left to take advantage of before gear. You should be able to make incredible gains throughout your 20’s strictly with diet and training. Good luck man!

New Threads