first cycle; test only vs test + dbol?

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
Just wondering what is everyone's opinion to a test only first cycle vs a test + dbol first cycle. I'm asking this because the wiki on the steroids subreddit recommends a Test E only cycle, with the main purpose being you can set a baseline for how just testosterone reacts with your body, so if something goes wrong, you know it's the test E, not the other anabolics you may be using. Also, test alone has pretty easily recognizable and manageable side effects, while adding orals can lead to different effects (such as the liver damage possible).

What is everyone's thoughts on a first cycle, should it be test only or test+dbol?

Also wondering why test prop is used vs test E.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think ye need DBol as part of yer first exposure to exogenous hormones and would tell ye to run Test only.

As per Test prop vs Test E or C, yer just dealing with different esters which will manage how slowly / quickly the Test is absorbed.

FWIW, I'd start with Test E and pin it 2x weekly - some folks get PIP with Test Prop.

A good sticky HERE, skip the DBol advice and take a good read at the PCT & make sure ye have all yer supplies in hand before yer first pin.

Cheers,

- Savage

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test only. I did test and dbol my first cycle and there were certain effects that I could not attribute to one drug or the other since I’d taken them both. Best to add one new compound each time so you know where sides are coming from. For a first cycle definitely go with a long ester. Pinning eod with test prop isn’t very fun. 400-500mg of test e per week with proper food, training, and rest will be all that is needed for a first cycle.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought he already said he was waiting? I get al these young guys confused. Yes, wait. Once you’re in your 20’s and ready to use gear, test only.

UrogenitalSubsect

Reaction score
I thought he already said he was waiting? I get al these young guys confused. Yes, wait. Once you’re in your 20’s and ready to use gear, test only.

Just looking for more information regarding this, as I noticed the discrepancy between the advice I've read elsewhere and what I saw in the stickied post. Don't plan on hopping on yet, just trying to get those differences I found clarified, and it seems everybody agrees that for a first cycle, test only is the best.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just looking for more information regarding this, as I noticed the discrepancy between the advice I've read elsewhere and what I saw in the stickied post. Don't plan on hopping on yet, just trying to get those differences I found clarified, and it seems everybody agrees that for a first cycle, test only is the best.

Yes definitely test only.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Just wondering what is everyone's opinion to a test only first cycle vs a test + dbol first cycle. I'm asking this because the wiki on the steroids subreddit recommends a Test E only cycle, with the main purpose being you can set a baseline for how just testosterone reacts with your body, so if something goes wrong, you know it's the test E, not the other anabolics you may be using. Also, test alone has pretty easily recognizable and manageable side effects, while adding orals can lead to different effects (such as the liver damage possible).

What is everyone's thoughts on a first cycle, should it be test only or test+dbol?

Also wondering why test prop is used vs test E.

May your age and you researching test its obvious you are interested but wait about ten years. At your age and buy your pic you already are packed full of enough nautical test, if your looking to get more size talk to a professional trainer who can help you plan a routine out for your goal. The right routine and diet and you'll get bigger in time. Already have a very solid base.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Test is all that anyone ever really needs to get amazing results. Why even add anything else until you stop getting results with test only?

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
Hell im well past my first cycle and I've gone back to test only. It's so nice and simple.

I find keeping things simple is best and I am just on my 2nd cycle and so far muuuuch better than my first one earlier this year. 600mg Test C a week with some var really helps, and I am 6 weeks in.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dbol test is a great first cycle...Once the dbol is over the test should be fully kickin..Its not as simple as a test only but much more effective and u still get a good idea how test works since its only the first 4 weeks..Can it fuk up your cycle ? yes it can but only if your a idiot and cant take a ai on time or do bloods

MindlessWork

Captain Obvious
Reaction score
dbol test is a great first cycle...Once the dbol is over the test should be fully kickin..Its not as simple as a test only but much more effective and u still get a good idea how test works since its only the first 4 weeks..Can it fuk up your cycle ? yes it can but only if your a idiot and cant take a ai on time or do bloods
I've had people tell me not to take dbol on my very first run earlier this year, but I may try it at some point whether as a kickstart or as a finisher.