Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I'll try to be brief...
Joined the Army at 18, never really lifted serious, chubby 235 lbs. After basic training/ait/airborne school i was a lean ass 190 lbs. Began lifting when i got to my duty station in Ft.Hood,TX. fast forward last year of my 4 year enlistment, got my ex knocked up, i grew with her, left out at around 230lbs.
Got a sweet job at a refinery in Strong Beach, CA making great money but no time for gym or any kind of healthy habits. (i just didn't have the right mindset or willpower). made it up to whopping 290lbs. In my passport photo from 2005 my head looks like a fukkin beach ball haha.
Went through a divorce got back on the ball, leaned down to around 240 decent looking compared to before. Met a very toxic woman and ended up smoking meth with her for a year and a half. That was the absolute worst time of my life hands down. Been through quite a rollercoaster too.
Got clean, got my shit back together and started hitting the gym and running a lot. Stayed somewhat skinny fat for a bit cause my lack of knowledge of nutrition. Till about 4 years ago.
Been progressing very steadily especially over the last 2 years. The more i learn and apply and stay consistent the better it gets. I don't think i could ever not be 100% devoted like am i now. Its my biggest passion and i am very lucky to share that with the woman i am soon to marry. We push each other hard and support each other with this.
K, that wasn't brief at all, sorry fingers just kept typing haha

Chaos501

Reaction score
I started lifting when I was 14 in my basement. Bench and curls. I was 141 pounds at 5 foot 8 and was benching around 255 after the first month or so of lifting. Me and my two buddies would smoke so much weed and then just bench and curl for hours. Lol.

Joined a real gym when I was 16 cus my brother made me. He was all juiced up and jacked so he taught me how to lift for the most part. I started deadlifting and was hitting around 455 when I was like 20. Maybe 175 pounds then. I was benching mid 3s and wasn't squatting yet. I finally got up to about 195 pounds naturally. Around 23 I found opiates. ****ed me up. Took over my life. Went down to about 160 pounds. After 3 years of battling that I finally kicked it and got back in the gym. Not training bothered me the most about doing drugs. I ****ing hated it.

I got back up to 195 pounds naturally then hurt my shoulder pretty bad. Couldn't do much pressing or pulling. I found deca in researches and gave it a shot. It healed my shoulder. It was awesome. That's why I love nandy so much.

Fast forward to today I'm 33 years old, 240 pounds and pretty damn lean for how I eat. Ive competed 3 times in powerlifting, bench mid 5s, squats low 7s and for **** sake will pull 700 soon.

I love this shit. Been doing it for a long time and it's part of my life. Besides family there's nothing else I care.more about than the gym. That might sound bad but it's the truth. It keeps me sane.

Thats a hell of of a story bro! Startrted early that’s awesome! Yea opiates area Bitch! I took them for about 5 years because of a back injury now I don’t need them because of the strength in my back and I had back surgery in 2012. You sure are strong as ****!!! Let’s make it a race to 700 lol. 655 last night getting closer.

Chaos501

Reaction score
I'll try to be brief...
Joined the Army at 18, never really lifted serious, chubby 235 lbs. After basic training/ait/airborne school i was a lean ass 190 lbs. Began lifting when i got to my duty station in Ft.Hood,TX. fast forward last year of my 4 year enlistment, got my ex knocked up, i grew with her, left out at around 230lbs.
Got a sweet job at a refinery in Strong Beach, CA making great money but no time for gym or any kind of healthy habits. (i just didn't have the right mindset or willpower). made it up to whopping 290lbs. In my passport photo from 2005 my head looks like a fukkin beach ball haha.
Went through a divorce got back on the ball, leaned down to around 240 decent looking compared to before. Met a very toxic woman and ended up smoking meth with her for a year and a half. That was the absolute worst time of my life hands down. Been through quite a rollercoaster too.
Got clean, got my shit back together and started hitting the gym and running a lot. Stayed somewhat skinny fat for a bit cause my lack of knowledge of nutrition. Till about 4 years ago.
Been progressing very steadily especially over the last 2 years. The more i learn and apply and stay consistent the better it gets. I don't think i could ever not be 100% devoted like am i now. Its my biggest passion and i am very lucky to share that with the woman i am soon to marry. We push each other hard and support each other with this.

Thanks ****ing awesome brother! Your a fighter it’s in your blood now and the discipline! My wife and I lift together also it’s ****ing amazing her crazy ass hit 405 on deadlift last night!!! WTF!!! Keep at it man and stay true to who you are those 4 years made you who you are and gave you the ability to overcome and be who you are now!! Drive on through the suck and create character!

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll try to be brief...

Goddamn Gibs...talk about a fukin rollercoaster of a life. Glad things are looking good for ya though!

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Came out of hospital in 2013 weighing 127lbs, i was so sick and unhealthy. Decided to make a change for the better both physically and mentally and having always had an intrest in weights, i set up a small backyard gym. That served me well for a good 2 years before i started to take things more seriously.

Fast forward to now and ive done my first bodybuilding competition, have more knowledge on bodybuilding than i ever thought i would and have hit a new pb weight of 235lbs. My goal is to one day double my starting weight

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have large ears and fingers.. needed to get my shoulders big so i did.

Wisconsin

Chaos501

Reaction score
Came out of hospital in 2013 weighing 127lbs, i was so sick and unhealthy. Decided to make a change for the better both physically and mentally and having always had an intrest in weights, i set up a small backyard gym. That served me well for a good 2 years before i started to take things more seriously.

Fast forward to now and ive done my first bodybuilding competition, have more knowledge on bodybuilding than i ever thought i would and have hit a new pb weight of 235lbs. My goal is to one day double my starting weight

hell yes man!!! That’s a huge weight for a B.B.

Chaos501

Reaction score
Well that’s very logical... can’t argue with that!!

Reaction score
I started going to the gym at the age of 13 kinda just messing around with weights. Started hanging out with some of the older guys and doing dumb shit like staring to party and drink. I had my first kid at the age of 14. After that I stopped the gym and took my high school exit exam and passed. I hit the streets and started making a way for my family anyway I could. I had my first place when I was 16. Started working at different jobs and had a paper route. Hustlin in the side. Started to hit the gym again for a few years and even boxed for a while. At 18 started working construction for about 7 years and stopped the gym. Caught a few beefs with the law, worked and hustled into my 30s didn't lift weights.started lifting about 37 and now I am 40 and hit the gym like 6 days a week . And that's most of my story.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I started going to the gym at the age of 13 kinda just messing around with weights. Started hanging out with some of the older guys and doing dumb shit like staring to party and drink. I had my first kid at the age of 14. After that I stopped the gym and took my high school exit exam and passed. I hit the streets and started making a way for my family anyway I could. I had my first place when I was 16. Started working at different jobs and had a paper route. Hustlin in the side. Started to hit the gym again for a few years and even boxed for a while. At 18 started working construction for about 7 years and stopped the gym. Caught a few beefs with the law, worked and hustled into my 30s didn't lift weights.started lifting about 37 and now I am 40 and hit the gym like 6 days a week . And that's most of my story.

If You took care of your kid from the age of 14, my hat is off to you. There are 30 year olds that aren't man enough to take care of their offspring.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Started gym ratting at 13 as an escape, loved the physical work of it. Started working full time at 14 (to present) so gym time waivered. Found girls at 15/partying,liqour, puzzy at 16 so it all stopped gym wise. Started my own construction business at 18 after graduating so very taxed mentally and physically at the end of the day that started at 5am and ended at 9,10,11,12 at night depending on bids/paperwork i had to do- but did start collecting my personal gym stuff last 10yrs I was self employed so it was there.

got a “real job” at 36 to cruise back half of career, be with family more, body was destroyed by that time with rigors to date. Found out i was low T at same time, so bought into working out would help raise levels (it didnt). By 37 finally got thru 7 months/7doctors of testing to get on trt and by then lifting had taken a set as a new habit.

now at 43 looking better, eating better, feeling better and have run various programs all handicapped by past injuries. Just had shoulder surgery this February, next year getting one of 2 knees replaced, other one in ‘19 and hopefully then ill be as good as i can expect repairing damages and hoping it will allow harder pushing in the gym. Right now still have shoulder stuff that can prematurely end a session; knees that are hamburger and both full of arthritis shuts me down early. (Ex. Right knee pops outta place, squats get sketchy as weight goes up- went to hit my calf machine after squatting and accessory leg stuff, loading plates, went to pivot to grab more and knee popped out dropping me to floor and hobbeling for 3 days from hammer fisting my lower leg back into place)

but really having fun otherwise, sucks cuz mentally i wanna push like ive always done, but body is always reminding me of past labors lol.

Chaos501

Reaction score

Damn my hats off to you! That’s impressive you are a warrior! Have a lot of fight and drive in you!!!

Chaos501

Reaction score
Started gym ratting at 13 as an escape, loved the physical work of it. Started working full time at 14 (to present) so gym time waivered. Found girls at 15/partying,liqour, puzzy at 16 so it all stopped gym wise. Started my own construction business at 18 after graduating so very taxed mentally and physically at the end of the day that started at 5am and ended at 9,10,11,12 at night depending on bids/paperwork i had to do- but did start collecting my personal gym stuff last 10yrs I was self employed so it was there.

got a “real job” at 36 to cruise back half of career, be with family more, body was destroyed by that time with rigors to date. Found out i was low T at same time, so bought into working out would help raise levels (it didnt). By 37 finally got thru 7 months/7doctors of testing to get on trt and by then lifting had taken a set as a new habit.

now at 43 looking better, eating better, feeling better and have run various programs all handicapped by past injuries. Just had shoulder surgery this February, next year getting one of 2 knees replaced, other one in ‘19 and hopefully then ill be as good as i can expect repairing damages and hoping it will allow harder pushing in the gym. Right now still have shoulder stuff that can prematurely end a session; knees that are hamburger and both full of arthritis shuts me down early. (Ex. Right knee pops outta place, squats get sketchy as weight goes up- went to hit my calf machine after squatting and accessory leg stuff, loading plates, went to pivot to grab more and knee popped out dropping me to floor and hobbeling for 3 days from hammer fisting my lower leg back into place)

but really having fun otherwise, sucks cuz mentally i wanna push like ive always done, but body is always reminding me of past labors lol.

hell of a story!!!

Reaction score
If You took care of your kid from the age of 14, my hat is off to you. There are 30 year olds that aren't man enough to take care of their offspring.
Thanks I appreciate that!!!

New Threads