Stem cells

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Having had constant nagging injuries with my shoulders, hips, knees, and lower back, I've been giving stem cell injections a real thought. First heard about it on the joe rogan podcast and he was having serious pain in his shoulder, to the point the docs said surgery was the only option. He got a stem cell injection in the shoulder and said after a week the pain was gone and he has not had any pain ever since. Total mobility and strength like it never happened. Anyone else have heard stories like this or have researched it? I'd like nothing more than to be able to hit the gym like i did when i was 18 for the rest of my life.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I did some research on this years back when the wife was pregnant with our last child. We were more concerned about what stem cells had to offer for disease and had the stem cells Cryo-freezed. From what little I understand about stem cells, they are cells that just haven't been programmed yet. I'm not sure how injecting them into a given part of the body would set that programming in motion. I also hear that can be pricey and not may insurance companies are going to cove it.

One other thing on the notion of lifting and being 18 y.o. You can lift like you're 18 y.o. now if you lift what you lifted at 18 y.o. For me, squatting 250x10 would not be a problem.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did some research on this years back when the wife was pregnant with our last child. We were more concerned about what stem cells had to offer for disease and had the stem cells Cryo-freezed. From what little I understand about stem cells, they are cells that just haven't been programmed yet. I'm not sure how injecting them into a given part of the body would set that programming in motion. I also hear that can be pricey and not may insurance companies are going to cove it.

One other thing on the notion of lifting and being 18 y.o. You can lift like you're 18 y.o. now if you lift what you lifted at 18 y.o. For me, squatting 250x10 would not be a problem.

Hahahha yea if i could lift what I lifted at 18 and still get jacked that'd be sweet. Although light days are never an option for me, i get bored.

I figured insurance wouldn't cover it, but it would be a priceless investment imo. From the research I've done stem cells have a ton of different uses, restoring tissue, joints and tendons to perfect form are just a few of the things they can be used for.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thailand. Medical holiday.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would think flying over to Thailand to get it done would be just as expensive as getting done here.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I would think flying over to Thailand to get it done would be just as expensive as getting done here.

Perhaps, but then you are in Thailand where everything is dirt cheap and awesome and you get to vacation for "free". (Also, I think it'd still be cheaper)

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but then you are in Thailand where everything is dirt cheap and awesome and you get to vacation for "free". (Also, I think it'd still be cheaper)

Ill have to look into it.

Reactions: Jin

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Ill have to look into it.

Cheap until you find yourself a lady boy:32 (18):

before my shoulder surgery one of the docs mentioned a new program where they draw your blood, seperate the platlets, then reinject them into the injured spot. Its still in the “trial” phase so insurance wont pick it up, but I guess there are hospitals/doctors experimenting with it, so you get a free ride for their sake of learning. So thatd be the hard part is locating and possibly getting on the list, otherwise id “heard” the procedure can range from $5k+ all out of pocket depending on who/what/where you go and steps required.

but the 2 doctors id mentioned it too prior my shoulder surgery all said the results are simply amazing as far as unheard of super healing goes.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuk ill be a human guinea pig. Ive heard of that as well H, but I didnt know it was a free ride in certain places.

5k is alot, I figured it would be more like 1k-2k a shot, but 5k? Damn. Still would be worth the investment if I got 20 yrs added back to my shoulders, hips, and knees.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Trials are great (sometimes) if you can get in on them. My 27yr old cousin got clear fell sarcoma, cancer with a 70% mortality rate. But Boston does a ton of cancer research and he got into a trial since its a form they’re trying to figure out how to beat. They paid for the ambulance rides to airport, airfare from here to half way across country to Boston, hotel for his Dad, meal allowance for the dad and hospital fed my cousin, the actual treatment, and trip home. Was usually a 1 week stints twice a month until it was deemed hopeless and he dies about a month later.

but yeah, they take care of ya if you can get on board

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn H, sorry to hear about your cuz.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Damn H, sorry to hear about your cuz.

Thanks, feel worse for my uncle (cousins dad). Lost his wife to ovarian cancer they did t discover until she gave birth to their second child, it too was aggressive and took her in 8months, so with her being an RN, she’d tell my uncle what would happen as each stage progressed and watched her slowly/painfully die. Raised both young kids on his own (with family help too). Then to have his oldest boy get an essentially uncurable form that attacks all the soft tissue, this time i was a grown man and he explained to me how each step would play out.

The freakiest phucking day, we were remodeling a house a few miles from Hospice House, since cousin deteriorated to being almost coma like with horrible hollutionations the breif times hed wake. My uncle called- “Youd better get up here, he just got “the surge”. Shit still tears me up thinking back on it, so told my guys im gone, finish up the days goals and ill see you in the morning. Got to hospice as quickly as I could, and the damn kid was wide awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed like he was 100% healthy and ready to go play some footbal. Brain was 100% in check, my cousin was back!!! We spent the whole day talking, joking, calling family/his close friends asking them to come up since this will be he last time you will be able to say anything you want to say. It was a great day wih the dark cloud hovering in the distance:(

sadly, he got tired towards evening, and that was when he slipped back into the shell of the body hed become throughout this. I took the rest of the week off since my guys could handle the job, sat beside his bed talking with my uncle and oher cousin. Chris began the death rattle that next afternoon and uncle said it wont be long now, 24hrs tops before hes gone. About 14hrs later he stopped breathing and went to be with his mom.

That was my first time seeing what cancer can do to a person from diagnoises to the end, the horrible phucking emotional roller coaster it puts everybody thru, and the damage physically the disease and treatments do to the human body. Went from being a stocky/healthy 225lb 27yr old to 105lbs if that, joints tightening up making his hands/feet/arms look like he was being electrocuted by the way they bent up. So yeah, phuck cancer:32 (10):

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn man, that's heart breaking

New Threads