The Mo-Log

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
So today - LEG DAY - I hit it hard today. I have had this nagging knee issue for a while, and I have been a little tentative pushing the heavy stuff. It has been feeling a lot better and today didn't bother me at all. I started with some stretching. (us old guys have to do that now)

Leg ext
4 sets of 12-15 I don't go super heavy here. I like the tension and the squeeze

Leg curls
4 sets of 12-15 here as well. I tend to go a little heavier on these.

Leg press
I did 8 sets today. Worked my way up to 8 plates on each side for 10

DB Lunges
3 sets of 8 (by this time I was a lil wobbly)

Finished today with calf raises on the leg press
4 sets of 15 3 plates and a quarter on each side.

Im working my way up for more volume. Next time will throw stiff legs in there. Nothing left in the tank today. I thought I was going to puke after the lunges. When I changed veins were popping all over my thighs. Looked pretty good.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good shit Mo! LOVE me some leg day!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
DB Lunges

Im working my way up for more volume...I thought I was going to puke after the lunges.....

try 10x10 (walking DB) of those mofo's......yep....sore for 3 fuuking days :)

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
So today - LEG DAY - I hit it hard today. I have had this nagging knee issue for a while, and I have been a little tentative pushing the heavy stuff. It has been feeling a lot better and today didn't bother me at all. I started with some stretching. (us old guys have to do that now)

Leg ext
4 sets of 12-15 I don't go super heavy here. I like the tension and the squeeze

Leg curls
4 sets of 12-15 here as well. I tend to go a little heavier on these.

Leg press
I did 8 sets today. Worked my way up to 8 plates on each side for 10

DB Lunges

Finished today with calf raises on the leg press
4 sets of 15 3 plates and a quarter on each side.

Im working my way up for more volume. Next time will throw stiff legs in there. Nothing left in the tank today. I thought I was going to puke after the lunges. When I changed veins were popping all over my thighs. Looked pretty good.

you forgot skwats :32 (8):

Reaction score
Thanks for posting MoTown. good log. Looking forward to continuing to follow your progress.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice work you sexy beast. Though I got nothing against the db lunge I would strongly recommend you substitute that with some BBSS ( Barbell Bulgarian Split Squats) sometimes. Great range of motion, huge recruitment of quads and glutes, and great for core strength and stability. Though its looked at as an accessory, it wil blow your quads up.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Been hit hard with whatever crap has been going around. Feeling like crap. Back at work today. Barely. Going to give chest and tris a good hard workout today if possible. I hope everyone of you had a great new years! Looking forward to hitting 2018 hard!

MT

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Been hit hard with whatever crap has been going around. Feeling like crap. Back at work today. Barely. Going to give chest and tris a good hard workout today if possible. I hope everyone of you had a great new years! Looking forward to hitting 2018 hard!

MT

shit me too man i was in bed all damn day yesterday

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Well I did it. Hit Chest and Tri's today even though Im battling this cold/flu bs. Was still a strong workout. Inclined 275x10 and worked down from there. Went to incline DB 100x10, 90x10x2, superset flys and machine press.

Hit Tris pretty hard too. Skull crushers, pushdowns, rope extensions. Weight has moved up to 210. I have increased my carbs in three of my meals by 1/2 cup of rice. Trying to put on the weight slowly. Don't need a muffin top. :)

Now I need to go home and take a nap. LOL

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Still felt like shit today but managed to pound out a good leg day. Trying to keep the food moving and the weights going sucks when you feel like this, but got to push thru. Would have been easy to take off but cant do it. I go back to cruise at the end of the month. Need to take advantage of everything while I can. At least the injuries seem to have healed. That stupid bowling stunt is all just a memory now. :32 (20):

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Still felt like shit today but managed to pound out a good leg day. Trying to keep the food moving and the weights going sucks when you feel like this, but got to push thru. Would have been easy to take off but cant do it. I go back to cruise at the end of the month. Need to take advantage of everything while I can. At least the injuries seem to have healed. That stupid bowling stunt is all just a memory now. :32 (20):

Stay hungry brother - you got this!

New Threads