Got to train with a ifbb pro

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Thats way cool!! So was the routine what youd thought itd be like, more/less intense?

We got a local guy sponsored by ON, he lives about 35 minutes north, but works out at the gym my work buddies goto after work, ive met him at the high school football game, and he is a really personable/down to earth guy- very approachable and easy to talk to (prolly due to his job) and hes a beast (obviously hes huge lol). One guy i work with was doing deads and got to his 90% 2 reps (580lb) and Dan asked if he could jump in with him. Buddy said he felt like a child, pulled hard for 2 reps, then watched Dan go rep it 15 to “warm up” and went on from there. Not showing off, just the routine.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitness-360-daniel-banks-swole-patrol.html

just cool to know theres some down to earth monsters out there, i got turned off our local gym just because of the excessive bro mentality and guys acting like asses.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Thats way cool!! So was the routine what youd thought itd be like, more/less intense?

We got a local guy sponsored by ON, he lives about 35 minutes north, but works out at the gym my work buddies goto after work, ive met him at the high school football game, and he is a really personable/down to earth guy- very approachable and easy to talk to (prolly due to his job) and hes a beast (obviously hes huge lol). One guy i work with was doing deads and got to his 90% 2 reps (580lb) and Dan asked if he could jump in with him. Buddy said he felt like a child, pulled hard for 2 reps, then watched Dan go rep it 15 to “warm up” and went on from there. Not showing off, just the routine.

just cool to know theres some down to earth monsters out there, i got turned off our local gym just because of the excessive bro mentality and guys acting like asses.

Guy looks strong af that Daniel banks. He was being trained by my coach along with me. My coach pushed it extra hard because the other guy was there. Moderate weight very high reps and making me squeeze and non cheat reps. It was arm day So a buncha bi and tri. Alot of times I didn't think I'd be able to finish the sets and the dude kept telling me cmon kuz! And somehow i kept pushing through.

Reactions: IHI

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You got big arms. Not much size difference from the IFBB guy.

Reaction score
Nice. I wonder if he's cruising or on full blast. I have met a few pros I'm actually working with one now to get me on stage this upcoming summer 2018.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Guy looks strong af that Daniel banks. He was being trained by my coach along with me. My coach pushed it extra hard because the other guy was there. Moderate weight very high reps and making me squeeze and non cheat reps. It was arm day So a buncha bi and tri. Alot of times I didn't think I'd be able to finish the sets and the dude kept telling me cmon kuz! And somehow i kept pushing through.

Thats freakin awesome!! I work out alone and push as hard as i can before i listen to my broken body to stop before i make things worse, but the days i work out with buds, call it male ego/whatever, we push eachother beyond normal limits our of stubborn pride i call it lol

im done with work for the year (we get a Christmas shut down at our plant) and have texts out tonight with buddies within a 40 minute drive radius lining up gym times with them. Got 4 different gyms i plan to hit with the different guys from work, so i think next week my body will be a destroyed mess:)

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
You got big arms. Not much size difference from the IFBB guy.
Thanks man. We are close to same size but I know the guy has alot more muscle development and less fat. Stronger too
Nice. I wonder if he's cruising or on full blast. I have met a few pros I'm actually working with one now to get me on stage this upcoming summer 2018.
Hell yeh bio. Bout time u step onstage. Idk what he's taking but i do know hes off season and bulking
Thats freakin awesome!! I work out alone and push as hard as i can before i listen to my broken body to stop before i make things worse, but the days i work out with buds, call it male ego/whatever, we push eachother beyond normal limits our of stubborn pride i call it lol

im done with work for the year (we get a Christmas shut down at our plant) and have texts out tonight with buddies within a 40 minute drive radius lining up gym times with them. Got 4 different gyms i plan to hit with the different guys from work, so i think next week my body will be a destroyed mess:)
Yeh man that male ego goes along way. I hate shutdowns. Last one was 2014 for over 60 days working everyday. I wasn't into the gym back then so idk how I'll manage the next one. I can't give up lifting for 2 months so I guess I'll be tired all the time.

NoQuarter

Reaction score
Wow, your a big man and standing next to him your arms are about the same size! Good on you! Your working at it and it's paying off!

New Threads