New and need advice

Reaction score
Hey I’m John 24 years old 6’1” 175lbs. I’ve been in the gym consecutively now for about 4 months and have put on about 10 lbs but looking to jump to the next level. With my current situation (work/location) I am only able to eat 3 meals a day and then a mass gainer shake (and tuna whenever i get a chance). As far as workouts and supplements go does anyone have any tips for me?

Thezilla

Reaction score
Well you say next level. Start with getting more then 3 meals a day. Don’t want to hear about how you can’t do it. That’s the next level.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You'll never get to the next level without more calories. Man up and meal prep. Bullshit you can only eat 3 meals a day. Find a way!

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
The next level for you should be getting your eating squared away and continue to work hard and growing with a better caloric intake

Reaction score
Yes I’m aware I need to eat more but I’m deployed in the middle of BFE and I get 3 meals a day and tuna packets I’m sent from home so any other suggestions?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yes I’m aware I need to eat more but I’m deployed in the middle of BFE and I get 3 meals a day and tuna packets I’m sent from home so any other suggestions?

Nope. You need more calories. Is there a ration of food you get per meal or is it free for all? Try to eat more at the meals. Finish other people's meals if you have too.

Add another weight gainer shake a day.

Reaction score
We only get so much a meal, I can add another shake it is over 1,000 calories a serving and I eat anything extra I get my hands on but thats all I can do!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Google tdee calculator. Post the number you come up with and we'll see if it sounds right.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
We only get so much a meal, I can add another shake it is over 1,000 calories a serving and I eat anything extra I get my hands on but thats all I can do!

Sounds like a plan.

Will you be able to get your hands on enough mass gainer? 2 shakes a day is significant.

Tell your buddies not to throw away any of their grub. Eat everything you can get your hands on: carbs, protein & fat. This includes packets of mayo.

Finish half eaten sandwiches, bread crust and chicken skin. Make it weird. Make it fun. Beg for scraps until they nickname you The Garbage Disposal Grunt.

Reaction score
Hahaha alright thanks I’ll do what I can and hope its enough, if not I get back home in July so I’ll just go up from there.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My maintenance calories is 3,131
Sounds right. I'm guessing your activity level is high, yes?

you'll want to start out eating 600 calories above maintenance, so around 3,700. If you beg, barrow and steal food you may be able to hit that with only one mass gainer per day.

Download myfitnesspal and keep count of your calories over a weeks period to see how close you are getting. Adjust from there.

New Threads