building forearms

Reaction score
how do you guys make your forearms grow??
how do you blast them and how many times a week with which excercises?

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
You know you are going to get some fun comments coming on this one I hope. lol

I honestly don't know anyone that works out their forearms specifically. These get hit pretty hard in almost every thing that you do for upper body. When I was a kid I used to load up a bar and do wrist curls over my knees, but looking back on it later, thought it was dumb. I wouldn't worry about the forearms dude. They will come.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you are hitting heavy compound lifts they will grow on their own. Only direct forearm work I ever did was just light reverse curls to avoid the plague of tennis elbow.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you know you are going to get some fun comments coming on this one i hope. Lol

i honestly don't know anyone that works out their forearms specifically. These get hit pretty hard in almost every thing that you do for upper body. When i was a kid i used to load up a bar and do wrist curls over my knees, but looking back on it later, thought it was dumb. I wouldn't worry about the forearms dude. They will come.

snake!!!!!! :32 (18):

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
I wouldn't do any specific forearm work... Heavy, heavy is relative to the person, dumbbell and barbell work will make them grow in time. Squeeze that bar brother.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
same, only thing i do specifically for forearms (besides beating off) is the reverse grip barbell curls. You can try zottman curls too.

Reaction score
Forearms are like calves, lots of slow twitch fibers. Either they grow easy or they dont. if they dont lots of heavy high rep / sets of hammer curls, seated wrist curls and reverse curls. average about 5 sets 45-60 reps and 3x a week, don't forget to eat! give it a month you will see a difference.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Asked this bouncer with huge forearms what he does

He said consistently hitting them with revrrse curls forearm curls & squeeze grips all day every day

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
If you are hitting heavy compound lifts they will grow on their own. Only direct forearm work I ever did was just light reverse curls to avoid the plague of tennis elbow.

Shit, did that help?
I go through periods of tennis elbow and it hinders my training a bit. Didnt doing MORE work make those tendons and ligaments worse?
If not I may have to give that a shot.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't do any direct forearm training and I have pretty big forearms. Pretty much everything that involves gripping will hit them. I make it a point not to use straps or any other grip aids though.

uEUSMTy.jpg

Rivere Stelanos

Reaction score
I did not know revers curls would help with tennis elbow. I just give em a break for a week or two.

New Threads