Stupid things that Doctors say!

Chaos501

Reaction score
“Sir when we tested your testosterone levels they were dangerously high!”

Dangerously high???? They don’t seem to give a shit when it’s at the bottom of the “normal” range....

Keep it going.... what stupid shit have you heard from your Doc?

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Couple things from former endo that I fired:

1. "We tested your total T, no need to test E2, free T, DHT, SHBG, or anything else"

2. Next visit I had a list of labs I wanted. He declined to write the RX. His reply - "Ummmm, uhhh, your insurance probably wont cover it and I dont think you need it."
Well yes my insurance does indeed cover it but since I had no script I paid out of pocket.

3. "Your hypogonadal, your total T is 197, but you dont need trt. But.......here's a script for more insulin."

I fired him and took it over myself. No coincidence I lost 100 lbs got myself off the 4 insulin shots I was taking every day.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Previous Dr to the one posted above, regarding putting me on a different diabetes drug she kept insisting on.

Me - I've read that one is bad news, causes pancreatic cancer
Her - well, we'll just keep an eye on that....

LOL - you have got to be kidding me

Chaos501

Reaction score
Couple things from former endo that I fired:

1. "We tested your total T, no need to test E2, free T, DHT, SHBG, or anything else"

2. Next visit I had a list of labs I wanted. He declined to write the RX. His reply - "Ummmm, uhhh, your insurance probably wont cover it and I dont think you need it."
Well yes my insurance does indeed cover it but since I had no script I paid out of pocket.

3. "Your hypogonadal, your total T is 197, but you dont need trt. But.......here's a script for more insulin."

I fired him and took it over myself. No coincidence I lost 100 lbs got myself off the 4 insulin shots I was taking every day.

Holy shit that Doc sounds like a real shit bag... no need for TRT at those levels. That’s the bullshit I’m talking about low levels are much more dangerous for a man than elevated levels! What an asshat!

Chaos501

Reaction score
Previous Dr to the one posted above, regarding putting me on a different diabetes drug she kept insisting on.

Me - I've read that one is bad news, causes pancreatic cancer
Her - well, we'll just keep an eye on that....

LOL - you have got to be kidding me

WTF! Keep an eye on it my ass! Sounds like a real winner!

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Holy shit that Doc sounds like a real shit bag... no need for TRT at those levels. That’s the bullshit I’m talking about low levels are much more dangerous for a man than elevated levels! What an asshat!

No, the highlighted part is bullshit.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"I don't practice alternative medicine" (in reference to TRT)

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
You don't believe that low test levels contribute to a host of serious effects detrimental to one's health?

I did not say that. Read what I highlighted in red in the quote and my response to it again.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Been on trt for yrs using Endo at the states largest research hospital. Go in for physical with new family doc since mine retired, first words out of her mouth after she gazes over my file- “i see your on testosterone replacement, you really need to stop doing that, it will kill you”

was just dumbfounded, all i could say was id rather die feeling normal than live longer feeling like the piece of garbage i was before treatment.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
She's a special kind of idiot

Guy at work, my age, has had multiple sections of his colon removed and as such ended up losing a testicle. So they just started looking at his t levels, 92 total. So we talked at length since he knows im on trt to learn more. Then his doc started him on his own trt a few months ago, i was floored when he told me 100mg every 2 weeks:32 (6):

told him that would probably end up making it worse, but you have to play her idiotic game, but read as much as you can, ask me anything so you can have an intelligent conversation after they get your labs back so you can suggest a typical prescribed regimen for trt. Thankfully after his test after 5 weeks showed 89 total, she bumped him to 100mg every week, so he should be getting new labs this month and hopefully it should at least get him into the middle of the “normal” range and possibly start feeling better.

Just frustrating with all the reaearch i did/still do after being diagnosed yrs back; just how out of touch the greater majority of doctors truely are with male hormone replacement therapy

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"your test level is in the 600's, how the fuuuk do you still have hair"

New Threads