45mm Cap With Attached Septa?

Reaction score
Why would someone make 33mm caps with attached septa, but not 45mm for GL45 media bottles?
For drawing from filtered gear in a GL45 media bottle.
About to lose my mind if it was never made.

Can't post links, but you know what I mean.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have 44mm open caps for a media bottle and then like a 10 pack of septa. They aren't attached but so what?

Reaction score
I have 44mm open caps for a media bottle and then like a 10 pack of septa. They aren't attached but so what?
Are they completely flat? Do they have the convex semi o-ring extended down to create a good seal? Do they seal well?
You figure by now, we would also have vials that you can just twist on a septa cap, for personal use.

I did a quick search... but going to search more.

Reaction score
Found some caps that fit vials, however, how is the seal with flat septa in cap?

This would allow reusing vials after resterilization.

P.S. I am probably splitting hairs here...I know

Screenshot_2018-01-02-09-58-25.jpg

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The plastic screw on cap is red with an open center. The septa is a soft plastic rubbery kind of material silicone if I recall. When placed over the top of the media bottle and the cap is screwed down it creates an air tight seal. I never had sterility issues with it.

They came from that medical and lab supplies site. I can try and find the url.

Reaction score
The plastic screw on cap is red with an open center. The septa is a soft plastic rubbery kind of material silicone if I recall. When placed over the top of the media bottle and the cap is screwed down it creates an air tight seal. I never had sterility issues with it.

They came from that medical and lab supplies site. I can try and find the url.

Good $hit bro... I order from medicaldashanddashlabsuppliesdotcom and medlabgeardotcom as well.
There are some flat ones at Medicalandlabsupplies.
Going to get some GL45 open caps and septa for media bottles...

New Threads