First DNP Cycle - Low Dose Log

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit I hope so, 200 at day 25 would be amazing. Rebound 5 pounds with glycogen compensation and be in a good spot for prep.

You might not see a 5lb jump. You are carrying a lot of water. Anywhere from 8 to 10lbs possibly. Give it about a week to 10 days after you stop to see where the weight is at.

Also fasted cardio sucks and has no benefit compared to doing cardio after a meal. Just fyi

Reaction score
You might not see a 5lb jump. You are carrying a lot of water. Anywhere from 8 to 10lbs possibly. Give it about a week to 10 days after you stop to see where the weight is at.

Also fasted cardio sucks and has no benefit compared to doing cardio after a meal. Just fyi

Interested to see how much water I am holding, still have decent definition of abs and increasing daily. Clothes are fitting better. Another good drop of weight at the end would be awesome.

Agreed re: fasted cardio. I do it every once in a while when I do cardio before work as I don’t want to eat and then head straight to the gym, just easier to roll out of bed, slam a coffee and take off - I know there’s no added benefit, a deficit is a deficit is a deficit. I found I get nauseous as hell when I do it on DNP though, so I took it out of the toolbox.

Reaction score
Day 7 (1/10/18) - 214.0 Pounds (-6.0 pounds)
Macros: 1815 Calories, 215/125/43 P/C/F

1.6 pound drop, feeling good. Pants are noticeably more loose.
Lots of coffee this morning, timing carbs before/after the gym for increased energy
Back day today, deadlifts for reps and stairstepper has be pretty worn down
Definite increase and linger in heat when I got back to my desk
Have been warm the entire day, girlfriend got home and gave me a hug and asked "why are you so hot!?" - guess theres a noticeable increase in external temperature too
Sugar free jello and fat free whipped cream are going to be a major key during these next few weeks. 20 cals for a big bowl, perfect way to end the night if you're craving

Reaction score
Day 8 (1/11/18) - 213.0 Pounds (-7.0 pounds)
Macros: 1863 Calories, 212/181/28 P/C/F

This reminds me of show prep, I used to get excited to wake up every morning because I knew i'd hit a new low
I'm almost at my goal with 17 days left - might be time to reconsider and shoot for 200 pounds instead
Sides have not been that bad, diet has been tight, weight is just falling off
This is as close to a magic pill as you can get (if you do your research, it still has the potential to kill you)
Soaked after incline walking cardio in shorts and a tshirt
Temperate outside got up to about 75 today, definite difference in heat vs the 15 degree weather it's been since I started
Still very manageable, just a little sticky
Had to sit outside at the end of the night while watching TV cause I was burning up inside the apartment

Reaction score
Day 9 (1/12/18) - 213.0 Pounds (-7.0 pounds)
Macros: 1840 Calories, 219/145/33 P/C/F

Went to Chipotle last night, assuming the zero loss was due to increased sodium/carbs/eating late.
Hoping for a big drop tomorrow
Little bit of an upset stomach in the morning, fiber related?
Girlfriend got her wisdom teeth taken out today so it turned into a couch day - not much to report
Didn't lift, 30 minutes of incline cardio had me soaked
Still noticeably warmer than usual

Reaction score
Day 10 (1/13/18) - 213.0 Pounds (-7.0 pounds)
Macros: 1830 Calories, 180/180/37 P/C/F

Slight night sweats are becoming more regular
Have to get up at night at least once to pee because I'm drinking so much water
No drop today, couldn't go to the bathroom. Going to start weighting myself before the full morning bathroom trip for better consistency.
Had I been able to go to the bathroom I would be in the 211-212 range - hoping for a whoosh tomorrow.
Leg and calf vasularity are coming back, feel very lean today.
Veins in my abs becoming more prominent.
EC has me feeling good, was contemplating a high carb refeed (I know they serve no physiological purpose on DNP - was purely psychological) but a solid portion of oatmeal and waffles this morning got my mind back into it.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Really nice log.

I sweat profusely. After peeling an orange. In the winter time.

DNP is not on my to-do list. But thanks for the log anyhow.

Reaction score
Day 11 (1/14/18) - 210.0 Pounds (-10.0 pounds)
Macros: 1988 Calories, 203/186/53 P/C/F

Wasn't expecting to drop 3 pounds overnight at this stage in the game, guessing it's a combination of the sodium being flushed out and DNP working its magic
I've reached my goal on the morning of day 11, still have a full 15 days to go - will shoot for 200 pounds
Should only be a few pounds off from stage condition at that weight
Night sweats were bad last night, pillow was soaked
Had only a yogurt before morning supplements and cardio, felt very hypo about 25 minutes into incline walking
Had to cut it short and come home to slam some simple sugars
Oatmeal with honey and brown sugar, two Reese's and some halo top in the fridge had me feeling back to baseline in about 15 minutes
Hit chest a little bit later with all the sugar pumping through my system, 315 went up for an easy set of 3 - not feeling too bad for being 210 and depleted
Hoping strength will skyrocket when I come back off and start adding calories back in, want to chase that 405 bench press

Reaction score
Day 12 (1/15/18) - 209.4 Pounds (-10.4 pounds)
Macros: 1849 Calories, 206/151/47 P/C/F

Woke up feeling flat and tired today
Got my morning cardio in, had some breakfast and dragged myself to the gym for back day
Popped EC before I got there, had a good back workout - couldn't get a great pump but still felt alright
Hit deadlifts at the end of my workout, ended up working up to 455
Still feeling strong given the circumstances, can't wait for the strength rebound
I haven't been taking the glycerine the past week, going to throw in a tablespoon 3x daily to see if it helps with pumps/flatness (allegedly it pulls water into the muscle, we'll see if it actually makes a difference)

Reaction score
Day 13 (1/16/18) - 211.0 Pounds (-9.0 pounds)
Macros: 1792 Calories, 207/148/43 P/C/F

First time weight has gone up, have to suspenct it is from the glycerine producing some water retention within the muscle as diet has remained the same
If this is the case, weight should level off and continue to drop once the muscles are at "capacity"
I did notice pumps were way better today, much more vascular, maybe glycerine is worth the $5 investment
Definitely feel and look more full
If I were to cut the cycle right here I would be satisfied, but I'm gonna run it til it's out - 12 days to go.
Progress photo tomorrow.

Reaction score
Good log this, thanks for sharing.

Slow and steady instead of huge amounts and problematic sides.

I breeze 250mg, bar a sweaty neck in bed its easy. Double it and my work outs / quality of life suffer.

Are you better taking 250mg and working out to your potential or 500mg and skipping the gym? I prefer the former

Reaction score
Good log this, thanks for sharing.

Slow and steady instead of huge amounts and problematic sides.

I breeze 250mg, bar a sweaty neck in bed its easy. Double it and my work outs / quality of life suffer.

Are you better taking 250mg and working out to your potential or 500mg and skipping the gym? I prefer the former

Agree. Weight is falling off at this dose, I dont see the need to up it and feel like death with cravings for all the carbs the world has to offer.

200mg with a clean diet and cardio has proven to be more than effective.

Reaction score
Niceee log , also started 250mg a day yesterday as a had a bunch sitting around. May run this for about two weeks or so

Reaction score
Nice log bro. Hows your overall energy throughout the day? I have a bad problem of being tired and lazy after about a week in.

Reaction score
Nice log bro. Hows your overall energy throughout the day? I have a bad problem of being tired and lazy after about a week in.

I'm a little tired but EC is getting me through the day and workouts with no problem. Still hitting cardio every day and the gym 5x a week.

Day 14 (1/17/18) - 209.6 Pounds (-10.4 pounds)
Macros: 1936 Calories, 202/166/54 P/C/F

Weight came back down today, hoping to break through and keep things moving along
I've gotten used to the sides at this point, this has not been nearly as bad (user dependent, I know) in my experience compared to what I read from other logs
Strength is staying up if not increasing, mental state is good, sleep is decent (night sweats are present but I'm not soaked when I wake up) and I can get a full 8-9 hours a night
Will absolutely add this to every cutting cycle from here on out
Had a bit of a scare today, forgot to put salt on my lunch when I made it at home so I grabbed some salt packets from work and put them on my broccoli
Not knowing they were salt substitute (potassium based) I realized after I started to feel tired and off base about 30 minutes after eating that I had just ingested 2000mg+ of potassium in one sitting
This lead me to start researching and found that while nearly EVERY DNP log/guru/forum tells you to supplement with potassium (v8, tabs, etc), there is an equal amount of research telling you not to do it if you specifically search for "DNP and potassium". The result can be hyperkalemia (a high concentration of potassium in the blood, as DNP inhibits the cell from pulling it in) Side effects can range from anxiety, confusion, diaphoresis (sweating), irregular heart beat, sluggishness, and cardiac arrest.
All in all, I'm fine, I was anxious for a good bit into the evening waiting to see if my heart was going to stop - but heed my warning, do not overdo the potassium intake on DNP.
I read, or so I thought, literally every forum, log, informational piece, applicable study that I could find before starting DNP, it blows my mind that the information about potassium doesn't show up ANYWHERE unless you specifically search for it.
Either way, 200 pounds is still the goal, 12 days to go.

Reaction score
Progress as of 1/18/18:

LEFT (Day 1): 220.0 pounds
MIDDLE (Day 8): 213.0 pounds
RIGHT (Day 15): 206.8 pounds

https://imgur.com/639aGFh

Reaction score
Day 15 (1/18/18) - 206.8 Pounds (-13.2 pounds)
Macros: 1932 Calories, 220/127/58 P/C/F

Had to get on the scale twice this morning because I didn't believe the number
2.8 pound drop from yesterday, still mind boggling how fast it comes off
No lift today, just 30 minutes of incline cardio and abs
Worked from home, laid low most of the day
Have been noticing I definitely am warmer in the evening, throughout the day I'm good in layers of clothes and the later it gets the more layers I keep stripping off
Still plugging along, feeling good, ready to knock these next 10 days out

Last edited:

pumperalbo

Reaction score
You have great Body in your Pictures, Very Crazy, i love your Body <3

iam not gay :D

What you eat on DNP Cycle

What you Eat on your DNP Cycle?

Do you sweat hard on 160gramm Carbs?

Last edited:
Reaction score
What you eat on DNP Cycle

What you Eat on your DNP Cycle?

Do you sweat hard on 160gramm Carbs?

I eat whatever I want as long as I stay below 2,000 cals and around 225p/150c/50f.

Don't sweat other than during workouts and sometimes at night.

pumperalbo

Reaction score
I eat whatever I want as long as I stay below 2,000 cals and around 225p/150c/50f.

Don't sweat other than during workouts and sometimes at night.

Do You use Crystal or Powder, 250mg or 500mg Day?

Do you eat clean Carbs? or all Carbs?

why you stop your carbs hungry? with eca? or what you eat for stop this?

thanks

Last edited:

New Threads