First DNP Cycle - Low Dose Log

Reaction score
Hi UGBB,

I researched DNP for months before deciding to pull the trigger, please hold your grievances about how unsafe it is - Tylenol will kill you if you take too much, but when used in moderation, as with DNP, it will yield a desired effect.

I’m making this log because during my research I felt that there weren’t nearly enough detailed logs out there - if I can help other users safely take DNP and lessen the questions they have, I feel I’ve done my part.

Supplements used daily:

Vitamin E (1000iu)
Vitamin C (2000mg)
Alpha Laphoic Acid (1200mg)
Multivitamin (2 doses)
Glycerol (4 tablespoons)
V8 Juice (1 Serving)
DNP (200mg)

Background:

220 pounds, 15% body fat
Goal: Sub 210 pounds, 10-12% body fat
Have been working out consistently for nearly ten years
Have competed in men’s physique twice
Have three cycles under my belt
Have used T3/Clen in the past

Day 1 (1/4/18) - 220 Pounds
Macros: 1767 Calories, 183/142/47 P/C/F

Took first dose and supplements at 12:00 PM
Had a good back workout
Maybe a little warmer towards the end of the day, maybe placebo
Drank well over 2 gallons of water
Overall feel fine

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Just curious. Not going to judge on the DNP, but why did you decide to go that route? Did you hit a plateau on losing weight? Are you doing any cardio? Why glycerol if your at 15% bf. I wouldn't call V8 a supplement. LOL

If you have competed you know what it takes. Are you taking anything other than DNP right now? I will watch this and note your results. I just came off Clen and T3 a few weeks ago. Not sure I want to go the DNP route, but this will be interesting. Good luck.

Oh and welcome aboard.

Reaction score
Just curious. Not going to judge on the DNP, but why did you decide to go that route? Did you hit a plateau on losing weight? Are you doing any cardio? Why glycerol if your at 15% bf. I wouldn't call V8 a supplement. LOL

If you have competed you know what it takes. Are you taking anything other than DNP right now? I will watch this and note your results. I just came off Clen and T3 a few weeks ago. Not sure I want to go the DNP route, but this will be interesting. Good luck.

Oh and welcome aboard.

Hi Motown,

I just finished up a bulk after my last show in April, went from ~200 to ~238 over the course of April to November (1.5 pounds a week, test/tren towards the end). From November until now I've been cutting - was back down to 215 before the holidays, have been floating between 215 and 220 since then. In a sentence, I'm implementing the DNP for speed and experience. I would like to see the efficacy of a low dose between a 2-4 week period, if it is as efficient as everyone makes it out to be I will use it as a tool in contest prep in the future.

Cardio - Yes. Currently 30 minutes a day, normally fasted.
Glycerol - Through anecdotal evidence it helps with glycogen depletion and the feeling of "flat" muscles. For $4.99 a bottle, it couldn't hurt to add.
V8 - As a supplement in a nutshell, essentially to help restore potassium levels by other means than popping a pill (which has been noted to be dangerous if you have too much).
Other supplements - Finishing out the last of my test prop at a TRT-ish dose, so as to combat any muscle loss that may occur.

Looking forward to talking with you throughout the course of the log.

Last edited:
Reaction score
will be interesting to see your results mate so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.
I use DNP quite regularly and same dose as you are using. Slightly more calories than you have though but Over a 3 week period i usually shed off 10-15 pounds so I'm interested to see how it turns out for you.
Are you using the tablets or the powder? I will be staring my first run of the tablets in 2 weeks time, always used the powder and made the caps myself up until now.

Reaction score
will be interesting to see your results mate so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.
I use DNP quite regularly and same dose as you are using. Slightly more calories than you have though but Over a 3 week period i usually shed off 10-15 pounds so I'm interested to see how it turns out for you.
Are you using the tablets or the powder? I will be staring my first run of the tablets in 2 weeks time, always used the powder and made the caps myself up until now.

10 to 15 pounds would be ideal, the goal is to be somewhere in the 200-210 range after glycogen compensation and then maintain that until prep. Should be an easy diet down to stage body fat.

I’ve got 25 x 200mg powder caps, if I’m getting the desired result at 200mg I may well just dose it until it’s out, if things aren’t moving along by day 15, I’ll try out 400mg for 5 days and see how that goes.

Diet is 2000 calories or less right now, 200g+ protein, 50g or less fat, and carbs where they fall for the day. I can shed weight well at those macros naturally, excited to see how well it goes coupled with the DNP.

Reaction score
Day 2 (1/4/18) - 217 Pounds (-3 pounds)
Macros: 1870 Calories, 220/123/49 P/C/F

Woke up with a dry mouth, thirstier than normal
A little warmer during workout
Shoulder strength pretty much the same
Warmer and more sweaty during incline walk cardio
Back is more sore than normal from deadlifts
Had a second cup of coffee in the morning, felt a little too jittery after, heart rate elevated more than normal, will watch caffeine intake moving forward
Feel warmer after eating meals
Went to see the movie Molly's Game (9/10 must watch), was burning up the whole time when my girlfriend needed a jacket

Last edited:

itismethebee

Elite
Reaction score
Day 2 (1/4/18) - 217 Pounds (-3 pounds)
Macros: 1870 Calories, 220/123/49 P/C/F

Woke up with a dry mouth, thirstier than normal
A little warmer during workout
Shoulder strength pretty much the same
Warmer and more sweaty during incline walk cardio
Back is more sore than normal from deadlifts
Had a second cup of coffee in the morning, felt a little too jittery after, heart rate elevated more than normal, will watch caffeine intake moving forward
Feel warmer after eating meals
Went to see the movie Molly's Game (9/10 must watch), was burning up the whole time when my girlfriend needed a jacket
Im already down a LB from the first day, from 194.5 to 193.5
starting to get the night sweats and nightmares
I would recommend you start taking taurine because sooner or later you are gonna wake up with cramps

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im already down a LB from the first day, from 194.5 to 193.5
starting to get the night sweats and nightmares
I would recommend you start taking taurine because sooner or later you are gonna wake up with cramps

I wish this nonsense would stop. People like you keep posting about taurine like it's a cure for cramps or something. It's not. It stops cramps from clen because clen depletes it. Dnp does not.

You need a balance of sodium potassium and water. Hence the OP listing v8 like it's a supp.

Also i have ran huge doses of dnp and not once ever had a cramp. So it's not a forgone conclusion.

Reaction score
Day 3 (1/5/18) - 217 Pounds (-3 pounds)
Macros: 1970 Calories, 216/147/56 P/C/F

Woke up very thirsty, was hot falling asleep last night
Upset stomach in the morning, relieved by going to the bathroom
Chugged water and a coffee after waking up
Made egg white cups in the oven and went to the gym for cardio
Drenched in sweat after 30 mins of incline walking
Added psyllium husk to protein smoothies to keep things moving on low cal
Warmer throughout the day, definitely warmer after eating carbs

Reaction score
Day 4 (1/6/18) - 216.8 Pounds (-3.2 pounds)
Macros: 1831 Calories, 200/182/32 P/C/F

Dry mouth and throat again waking up, imagine this will be the norm through the cycle
If you're not taking psyllium husk when you're cutting you're doing it wrong - morning bathroom trip went swimmingly, i'm a believer
Felt like garbage after fasted cardio, made an omelette, breakfast potatoes, got some v8 and fruit to replenish electrolytes/bring blood sugar back up
Wont do fasted cardio anymore, not worth feeling like the life has been sucked out of me
Lethargy has definitely set in, tired all day
Stayed on the couch pretty much all day, had heat flashes a couple times an hour
Got some wicked cravings in the afternoon, made a batch of fat free buffalo chicken dip (canned chicken, fat free ranch, fat free cream cheese, fat free cheddar - 400 cals for an entire bowl) and made some chips out of sliced potatoes, took care of the craving and fit in the macros nicely

Reaction score
Day 5 (1/8/18) - 216.4 Pounds (-3.6 pounds)
Macros: 1825 Calories, 212/147/37 P/C/F

Woke up before alarm, feeling refreshed
Took the dogs out in 15 degree weather in shorts and felt perfectly fine
Morning backthoom trips are becoming more regular and 10x more satisfying with psyllium husk
Levels should be near peak today, don't feel all that bad - sides so far are lethargy and heat flashes, hot while sleeping and dry mouth when waking
If I haven't reached ~210 pounds by day 15 I will bump the dose to 400 for the last 5 days
Cravings are strong today, caffeine is necessary for appetite suppressant and energy
Normally no trouble on sub 100g carbs, feel like I need carbs for satiety and energy sake now
Strength definitely took a dive on chest, put up 315x4 on bench last week, don't feel like I could have put up 315 for 1 today
Hunger was increased big time today, going to need to pick up some EC
Very hot falling asleep, was out of the covers most of the night

Reaction score
Hello dude, for first please excuse me my english is not perfect, not my native language haha

I hope your DNP cure is not too rude...

I search for a long time a legit source to buy dnp, i really don't want to spend my money for nothing i think you can understand it :)

So when i saw your post i wondered maybe you can share your source with me ? And if it's source deliver the france it's better xD

Thank you in advance bro :)

Reaction score
Day 6 (1/9/18) - 215.6 Pounds (-4.4 pounds)
Macros: 1860 Calories, 195/140/59 P/C/F

Dry mouth again, could drink a gallon of water in the morning
Been working from home since Christmas, first day back in the office - not too hot at work. Somewhat lethargic but I work in an office and am sitting most of the day so I can deal with it
Popped an ephedrine pill before work to help curb cravings, hunger has not been bad today - will continue with EC
Enery was low in the gym, went through the motions with arms, got the blood moving
20 minutes on the stairstepper had me spent. Coffee is a necessity today
Remained hot for a while after the gym
EC makes a world of difference, cravings have not been bad. Wouldn't recommend doing DNP without an appetite suppressant, my self control is normally strong but I was struggling not to eat everything in my house the past two days
All in all, not a bad day

Last edited:

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
That lethargy has me a little concerned. I don't want to do anything that makes me more tired. lol

Reaction score
That lethargy has me a little concerned. I don't want to do anything that makes me more tired. lol

It’s not as bad as some people make it out to be. Definitely not debilitating, just apparent. EC makes a big difference.

Reaction score
looks like your set for 210lbs by day 15 to be honest by the way things are going so far. You are having very similar results to myself for the first week. You are losing slightly more than I do but then I have more calories per day than you so it makes sense I guess. I dont think you will need to increase the dose at the rate you are going. The way I see it is if its working at 200mg per day then why change it ya know?

Reaction score
looks like your set for 210lbs by day 15 to be honest by the way things are going so far. You are having very similar results to myself for the first week. You are losing slightly more than I do but then I have more calories per day than you so it makes sense I guess. I dont think you will need to increase the dose at the rate you are going. The way I see it is if its working at 200mg per day then why change it ya know?

If it ain’t broke.

Planning on keeping it at 200, log is a day behind but I weighed in at 214 this morning (a 1.6 pound drop) so I don’t see any reason to kill myself on 400 if this keeps up.

Reaction score
If it ain’t broke.

Planning on keeping it at 200, log is a day behind but I weighed in at 214 this morning (a 1.6 pound drop) so I don’t see any reason to kill myself on 400 if this keeps up.

yeah man I agree. If you are achieving your goal then stick with it. No point exposing yourself to higher doses and possibly worse sides if its already doing its job. Hell at this rate it looks like you may surpass your goal haha.

Reaction score
yeah man I agree. If you are achieving your goal then stick with it. No point exposing yourself to higher doses and possibly worse sides if its already doing its job. Hell at this rate it looks like you may surpass your goal haha.

Shit I hope so, 200 at day 25 would be amazing. Rebound 5 pounds with glycogen compensation and be in a good spot for prep.

New Threads