Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Torn distal bicep tendon Bpc 157

On Jan 1st I tore my distal bicep tendon.

Earlier in the day I did my Deadlift training and 6 sets of bent over rows. That evening I went with the family bowling , on the first frame I snapped my shit up ( Go ahead talk shit but I still got the spare) . It hurt but not OMG Iím in so much pain. Felt like a shock through my arm. Took off my sweatshirt and saw my bicep curled up my arm . Went to the Dr. had an MRI now I have surgery scheduled for the 10th. Still not much bruising but there is some that came on about the fourth day.

Question I have is for any of you that have had tendon repair and used BPC 157 during healing. What did you think ? Older friend of mine (57) tore his pec tendon and had it reattached . He used it and thinks it helped speed recovery.

Thought id get your opinions about BPC 157 before I start sticking needles in my freshly surgically repaired arm.

what do you all think? Worth it?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,724 Times in 3,338 Posts
    From what I have read, it's promising but so far, there has not been any adverse side effects reported. It's a small snapshot in the world of research but hell, why not?

Let's assume it does what they say it does. You're just getting healthier faster and in the end, all will be the same. I don't think the end result will be any better or worse with or without it.

Your call my man but if you do go down this road, would you please keep us posted?
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

Nitrous4me (01-08-2018),Solomc (01-08-2018),tinymk (01-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks Snake for your input . Snake sounds like we think alike. The Buddy of mine did use it and at 57 yo the dr was surprised the speed of his recovery. I’m hoping someone else can second his experience . I’ll definitely let you know how it works out as I’m about 80% sure I’m gonna give it a S(pin).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitrous4me For This Useful Post:

snake (01-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,671 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Define speed of recovery. I would be more inclined to put the effort into rehab (physical therapy and restoring range of motion and strength). The tendon will heal after the surgery without drugs.

I am admittedly biased against using drugs, especially ones that are not well known, to accelerate healing.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (01-09-2018),stonetag (01-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,957 Posts
    There are a lot of variables as to why your buddy may have healed quicker, the tried and true method as mentioned above is one of those things where you get out what you put in, that make sense?
    Sometimes in life you have to stop and think, Is it worth the jail time?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonetag For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (01-11-2018),Freshno (01-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for your input guys.
    During the the first and only two visits to the physical therapist they were very surprised at his mobility and strength as it compared to others with a pectoral tendon rupture. He only went to the two physical therapy sessions due to work commitments that couldnt be rescheduled. His injury was in late Feb 2016 Surgery was 3 weeks after rupture . By October his BEnch press for reps was near his pre injury 265 10-12 reps. Now 9-10 months after surgery he is still in the 265lbs 10-12 rep range with comfort but chooses not to increase the weight more. He took 1.5- 2ius Two Times a day. Starting 4 days after surgery for 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Had the surgery today. Dr said everything went text book. 6 weeks in a sling with sleeve removal periodically throughout the day to keep mobilization. I’m going to be looking for some advise with diet and goals considering the 6 weeks in the sling and four more weeks of very limited use of the right arm aside from the Bpc 157 advise. Should I be starting a thread in a different area?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Glad the surgery went well. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Blood, sweat and years.
    *and tren

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Nitrous4me (01-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,808 Times in 4,392 Posts
    Good to hear man. Are u gonna take the bpc?

Be patient and don't rush anything. Listen to the Dr and do the rehab shit.

A buddy of mine I work with also tore his bicep bowling. You're the fourth person I've heard this happen to from bowling. Crazy.
    Strengthfirst

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKSRATED For This Useful Post:

Nitrous4me (01-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks guys,
    After the injury I travelled to the Middle East for a planned work trip and back home in a 6 day period to have the surgery. The sacrifice In compensation is way to big to not get this thing healed right so I’ll definitely be following the Dr.s orders. The Bpc is a chain of amino acids injected 1-4” from the injury site according to the research I’ve seen. The goal behind the use of the Bpc is the hope that when released to full full use that the tendon is in prime shape for strengthening. I will certainly not be pushing the recovery back as I certainly don’t believe the extra few weeks of patience will set me back much . My main objective will be cardio, Diet, and of course legs. Mostly legs and lower back . I’d like to see the extra BF from winter bulk go down but not so drastically that any more muscle is lost than what will already naturally diminish from not training . When it’s time to start training full body again I don’t want to look weak and sloppy . During the recovery I’ll be continuing my TRT dose of 250mgs every 7 days. Any suggestions on diet would be very appreciated I’m considering intermittent fasting to keep the calories down as it will be difficult to go from 4000 cals daily and hard training down to 2500 -3000 and low daily activity levels.

Thanks
    Tore my right distal bi 2 years ago at work moving some steel. Wish I could give you some drug advice but I didnt even take the hydrocodone they gave me after surgery. Literally, the last thing my Ortho said to me was "try and break it again", shook my hand and we parted ways. I cant even tell anything happened 2 years later. Supposedly how it is reattached it is stronger then the non injured one. I did gain a little weight from being out of work. Good luck bro.

You
    "What hurts more, Physical pain or Mental pain? What hurts more, getting punched in the face or getting your heart broken?" -Tashi, HCX MMA

Thanks
    Nice to hear. My Doc says 6 weeks in slingand 4 more out of sling before lifting more than coffe cup. I’ll definitely be cautious. Doc says it takes 10 weeks for the tendon to fully attach then it will have to be strengthened before trying to push it. I go back on the 19th for my follow up and I’ll certainly try to keep my weight to 225 or lower I’ll adjust if I feel like my cals are supporting more than muscle preservation. That’s the plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast