Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Tore my biceps completely late October, Surgery Dec 1, slowly doing some push exercises, ( a little pull as well). Definitely set me back in terms of progress.

Thanks
    Your about 5 weeks ahead of me. I’m curious when your Dr recommend you start light lifting?

Thanks
    Hey - so my Doc https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/prof...ndrew-cosgarea, (shameless plug.. lmao), had in his protocol to start regular activity after 6 months. I am just now starting the Rehab protocol, meaning seeing the physical therapist (PT), however I'm obviously already bench pressing and did some shoulder work (very light).

I have my next PT appt tomorrow evening. I'll snap of a pic of the rehab protocol I got. But be careful, your bone (radius?) is weak at the moment as well (assuming you got the same procedure done as me that is..)

Thanks
    I had a complete distal bicep rupture . The tendon was reattached to the forearm (Humorous) bone I think it’s called. He used a endo button and screw to re attach the tendon after drilling a hole in the Humorous. I have full mobility now only wear a sling Had Surgery on the 10th. My Dr. says no pushing or pulling for 10 weeks. I’d love to start bench pressing in the next few weeks as you mentioned but I’m afraid to re rupture. I’ve seen a lot of people talk about benching but my Dr says no . I suppose I’ll listen to him. Don’t want to go through it again at least on the same arm.

Thanks
    Just wanted to post a quick update on my distal bicep rupture .

I pretty much had full full mobility of my injured arm by week 6-7 no pain to speak of. At week 9 my Dr gave me approval to begin light strengthening 5lbs curls and very light back pulling. He showed me some exercises to do and mentioned physical therapy. I drove by the physical therapist office 5 days a week on the way to the gym to do legs and cardio. Lol. I already had full mobility so it wasn’t something I felt was necessary... maybe I would have recovered faster if I did but the truth is I travel a lot for work so it wasn’t really possible to keep appointments. Each week i increase the weight as my arm allows by moderate weight. I went up about 5 lbs each week. At this time I am able to do 30lbs dB curls without pain. I haven’t tried anymore because the 30 feels pretty good. I know others have come further in less time but I feel confident the 30lbs will be 60lbs at the 6-7 month mark. My upper body did weaken worse than I expected primarily on my right side but overall as well. I have not done any dead lifting at this point mostly because at this time I’m in China and the gym situation is not so favorable. I have been using BPC 157 off and on throughout the process more off than on. The hope is that the tendon will be healthier and ready for the heavier lifting before my mind allows me to. I’m still a little shaky scared when I pull or do curls even though the pain doesn’t really say I should be. I’d say other than the strength my size is better than I expected I just look like I should be able to push a lot more than I can and a little more plump but not to bad. Good that came out of all this is I’ve learned about my body from the process. My legs have made decent progress from the volume two days rest between each working day and the calves have came up quite a bit. Very happy about that.I’ve been on TRT for a few years so that’s the only pinning I’ve done since the injury. No doubt I will pick up where I left off at some point but the plan is to push myself while not on gear until the point the gains plateau . I’m not so foolish to think gear hasn’t weakened my tendons or that the tendons aren’t as strong as the muscle but I really do believe the rupture happened because the awkwardness of the motion. A bowling ball wth.... anyways this is where I’m at now . The depression from not lifting upper body has left and the overall strength is getting better .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 1,232 Posts
    The bone your tendon was reattached to is the radius. Your humerous is you upper arm bone. Do your rehab diligently and listen to your doc. Good luck with your rehab and recovery.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

Metalhead1 (05-02-2018),Nitrous4me (05-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks Bricks. I’ll keep doing the exercises the doc gave me as you suggested.

Thanks
    Good to hear, glad you're doing well.

Chances are, if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ccpro For This Useful Post:

Nitrous4me (05-09-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12