my current regime

Reaction score
So I have my first professional fight in Thailand coming up at the start of April. Usually I start training 10 weeks before a fight but Im starting this week as I have been slacking over new years and xmas etc.

This is the regime I currently have been doing in the past back in the UK and was wondering if you guys had any tips or advice on where I could improve etc. Maybe add a few new exercises or take some away. Im a bit self conscious at the minute as it will be my first fight overseas and having lost my last fight in the UK I want to make a good start of it over here so looking for all the advice I can get at this point.

Current training regime

day 1 - 10km run
1hour spar
deadlift (5sets of 5reps)
row (4 sets of 12reps)
Weighted pull up (4 sets of 12reps)
One arm dumbell row (4 sets of 12reps)
1 hour spar

day 2 - 10km run
1 our spar
bench press (5 sets of 5reps)
dumbell benchpress (3 sets of 10reps)
push ups (5 sets of 20 reps)
dumell overhead press (3 sets of 10reps)
1 hour spar

day 3 - 10km run
squats (5 sets of 5reps)
Single leg squats (4 sets of 10)
glute-ham raises (3 sets of 10)
skipping rope 15mins

day 4 - 10km run
1hour spar
trap ar jump (5 sets of 5reps)
row (3 sets of 12reps)
pull ups (3 sets of 12reps)
one arm dumell row (3 sets of 10)
1 hour spar

day 5 - 10km run
bench press (5sets of 5reps)
medicine ball chest pass (3 sets of 15 reps)
Push ups (5 sets of 20reps)
floor press (3 sets of 12reps)
skipping rope 15mins

day 6 - 10km run
1 hour spar
squats (5sets of 5reps)
box jumps (5 sets of 10 reps)
depth jumps (5 sets of 10reps)
single leg box jumps (5 sets of 10 reps)
1 hour spar

day 7 - rest

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Savage might chime in with some direction, I got nothing as far as applying weight training to beating the shit out of someone...lol

Reaction score
That's some serious cardio my man. That will serve you well.

What was your cardio like prior to your last bout?

I'd also spar as much as possible if it were me.

Reaction score
New here so maybe it's common knowledge, but is this for mma or boxing?

I'm assuming boxing since I don't see any Jiu-Jitsu or rolling in your training

Reaction score
New here so maybe it's common knowledge, but is this for mma or boxing?

I'm assuming boxing since I don't see any Jiu-Jitsu or rolling in your training

It's Muay Thai mate. My cardio prior was the same 10km runs every morning but only 5days a week. My trainer over here is making me do 6days haha. He is a tough dude and knows his shit so I will give it a go for him like. This is my first time focusing on it full time as well because before i moved to Thailand I had my job to take into consideration. Done two days so far and my sparring went well. Although my sparring partner cant speak English so have to constantly have my trainer translating for me which wastes some time.

As for the rest its basically what I was doing before with more sets added in just cuz I have the time to do it now. So really just looking for peoples opinions as to wether it seems good enough or if there are any other things I should add.

Reaction score
Well good luck bro... Muay Thai is ****in brutal my man. Those shins of yours must be strong as hell.

What kind of gear do you run? Is this a drug-tested event?

I always find it fascinating when someone preps for fights and holds down a day job (assuming you do)

A co-worker of mine did his first fight in Utah months back and didn't train much at all, and finished the guy ground and pound round 1.

He's a little guy, but throws up more than me on bench easily.

He is supposed to set up his next fight soon, but is running. 500mg sustanon cycle w me, so is waiting to see what weight class he will be in.

He has had about 100 street fights luckily and escaped an arm-bar, and flipped that dude over and worked him on the ground.

The guy he was fighting was about my height at 5' 10" so fighting at 135lbs. That guys strength was no match for my buddy's.

New Threads