ibuprofen vs endo test..?

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2018-01-ibuprofen-periods-human-testicular-physiology.html

Seems like every other week there's a study suggesting some new negative effect of ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
This one says says that ibuprofen suppresses test production by affecting the leydig cells..and that during long term use of ibuprofen, the body in effect has to constantly compensate to keep test levels stable.

thoughts?

Yeah I caught this on the news earlier. My only thought "was gee that's interesting. Oh that reminds me... i gotta pick up my trt at the pharmacy tomorrow"

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm just not that surprised by these studies anymore. My doctor told me the other day he views medication as a last resort for this exact reason and only when the consequence of not taking it is greater than the potential adverse impact on the body.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I caught this on the news earlier. My only thought "was gee that's interesting. Oh that reminds me... i gotta pick up my trt at the pharmacy tomorrow"

Yeah..pretty meaningless if you're at trt stage, but still.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I saw that also, like most people I've taken enough Ibuprofin for an army throughout my life, so a little late now to be concerned about it. You said it, wait until next week and a different study will be out.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
There is a reason why I recommend taking NSAIDs on an "as needed" basis only. Popping them like candy chronically, as MANY people do, is plain stupid and this study is certainly NOT isolated in its negative finding.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What is this endogenous test you speak of?

New Threads