Intermittent fasting

Reaction score
Is intermittent fasting okay while your on gear? Thinking about doing it but my friend who is a nurse said that it can be taxing on your kidneys

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Taxing on your kidneys sounds like evolution of the protein is bad for your kidneys myth.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
depending on your goals and what ur running, you should be in a caloric surplus, eat clean though of course. track the macs get cut eat butt blah blah blah

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've successfully done it

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Did a lot of research on this last year and read dozens of testimonies of guys that loved doing IF on gear. As long as your still in a surplus your g2g
I was actually shocked at the amount of people that tried it and liked it vs the peopke that tried it and did not which seemed to be pretty few and far between. Id say give it a try and see how it goes.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Short of maybe adding in some additional grams of protein, my approach to "On" or "Off" cycle dieting, training and rest stays the same. If it's good for off cycle, it will be good for on. The opposite can also be said.

Reaction score
I applied it years ago, it is good for health, but for the muscle mass of the natural lifters is not very good, a good option is by adding BCAA