Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Increasing Overhead press

    I've been struggling with increasing my overhead (265) in order to compete I need to make it 400+, finding it hard to increase weight, any suggestions ?

  2. #2
    Veteran Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    5,509
    Thanks
    2,140
    Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,293 Posts
    400 + on Ohp? Ok man. Did you mean 300 +?
    Last edited by Seeker; 01-15-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional..

    THERE IS NO PAIN
    that I cannot and will not fight through.

    Strength First.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

    stonetag (01-16-2018)

  4. #3
    UG BENCH KING ECKSRATED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,375
    Thanks
    3,994
    Thanked 8,325 Times in 4,186 Posts
    U compete in strongman??? 400 pound ohp is big boy Weight. I'd recommend rotating sitting and standing ohp every week. U can push more weight sitting and will carry over to your standing. Do Strict and push press also.

    Klokov presses always hammered my shoulders. Look em up if u don't know what they are. U start with the bar on your traps with a wide grip and pretty much try to stretch the bar to get it up.
    Strengthfirst

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKSRATED For This Useful Post:

    BigGameHunter (01-29-2018),BogEyeVermin (01-15-2018)

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    400 + on Ohp? Ok man. Did you mean 300 +?
    lmao yes, I've been stuck here for about a month

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECKSRATED View Post
    U compete in strongman??? 400 pound ohp is big boy Weight. I'd recommend rotating sitting and standing ohp every week. U can push more weight sitting and will carry over to your standing. Do Strict and push press also.

    Klokov presses always hammered my shoulders. Look em up if u don't know what they are. U start with the bar on your traps with a wide grip and pretty much try to stretch the bar to get it up.
    I should go ahead and throw the sittings in, and I'm going to look into those Klokovs too.
    edit : definitely adding in klokovs
    Last edited by BogEyeVermin; 01-15-2018 at 02:46 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BogEyeVermin For This Useful Post:

    ECKSRATED (01-15-2018)

  9. #6
    UG BENCH KING ECKSRATED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,375
    Thanks
    3,994
    Thanked 8,325 Times in 4,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BogEyeVermin View Post
    I should go ahead and throw the sittings in, and I'm going to look into those Klokovs too.
    edit : definitely adding in klokovs
    Like I said sitting will allow u to brace your feet and lower back and push heavier weights.

    Start light with the klokovs man they are tough but will make a man outta you. Lol
    Strengthfirst

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKSRATED For This Useful Post:

    BogEyeVermin (01-15-2018),Freshno (01-15-2018)

  11. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECKSRATED View Post
    Like I said sitting will allow u to brace your feet and lower back and push heavier weights.

    Start light with the klokovs man they are tough but will make a man outta you. Lol
    40-60% max weight a good start on the klokovs ?

  12. #8
    UG BENCH KING ECKSRATED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,375
    Thanks
    3,994
    Thanked 8,325 Times in 4,186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BogEyeVermin View Post
    40-60% max weight a good start on the klokovs ?
    Shit I'd throw 95 on there just to get a feel for them. I'd start with sets of 6 to 8.

    Strengthfirst

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKSRATED For This Useful Post:

    BogEyeVermin (01-15-2018)

Similar Threads

  1. Derek Kendall 440 OHP
    By Tren4Life in forum Powerlifting News and World Records
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 06:02 PM
  2. 225 x 6 OHP
    By Tren4Life in forum Powerlifting Training Methods
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 04:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •