Looking to help

Reaction score
Good day everyone!

I am a former athlete who has always been bigger, stronger, faster than most. Whatever workout program and nutition would work for me. Even as I lift at least 5 days a week, for the last two years or so my lack consistancy in diet and training has led to fatigue, fat gain, bigger belly and rounder shape. As I am heading to age 30 I am commited to learning proper nutrition and training and maybe in the next few year using enhancements. Hope to learn a lot from here. Let me know if you can help. Thanks!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome, why don't you post up your current training and diet along with stats?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Good day everyone!

I am a former athlete who has always been bigger, stronger, faster than most. Whatever workout program and nutition would work for me. Even as I lift at least 5 days a week, for the last two years or so my lack consistancy in diet and training has led to fatigue, fat gain, bigger belly and rounder shape. As I am heading to age 30 I am commited to learning proper nutrition and training and maybe in the next few year using enhancements. Hope to learn a lot from here. Let me know if you can help. Thanks!

If you are working out 5 days a week and not seeing results/getting overly fatigued I recommend you get your hormone levels tested. Getting in shape/staying in shape is very hard when you are hypogonadal/have low testosterone.

Welcome.

Reaction score
Welcome, why don't you post up your current training and diet along with stats?

I am 6'2" currently 320. Used to be an offensive lineman. I had abs when I was 280.

Diet is not consistent. Somedays I do well, eating three meals usually consisting of chicken or steak with salad or other veggies. Other days, I would eat one meal and some days I would go out to lunch or dinner. As I mentioned I have a consistency problem. Looking to learn a better systematic way to being consistent. Cannot get away with what I have done in the past.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I am 6'2" currently 320. Used to be an offensive lineman. I had abs when I was 280.

Diet is not consistent. Somedays I do well, eating three meals usually consisting of chicken or steak with salad or other veggies. Other days, I would eat one meal and some days I would go out to lunch or dinner. As I mentioned I have a consistency problem. Looking to learn a better systematic way to being consistent. Cannot get away with what I have done in the past.

well you need to fix this "consistency problem" immediately. Then start off by figuring out your tdee, download a macro counter and get meal preppin. Good luck and welcome.

Reaction score
If you are working out 5 days a week and not seeing results/getting overly fatigued I recommend you get your hormone levels tested. Getting in shape/staying in shape is very hard when you are hypogonadal/have low testosterone.

Welcome.

Thanks never thought of that, especially with my lifts not progressing as it has in the past. I have to figure out a way to do the test as I am not in a state where I cannot get private blood tests.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Start a routine and don't break it.
Workout same time same day same amount every week.
Plan out your meals for the week and eat the same shit every week.

Do it until it becomes habit.

You need to supply the discipline to be consistent. Nobody can provide that for you.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Go to your doctor. We get private labs because we're running gear and don't want that on our records. Before I ran gear I had low t and saw a doctor and got a Rx to remedy it.

jrsgym

Reaction score
well you need to fix this "consistency problem" immediately. Then start off by figuring out your tdee, download a macro counter and get meal preppin. Good luck and welcome.

Welcome to UGBB. I was going to say same as Gibsonator.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum big fella. I agree with Jin. Schedule a yearly check-up with your GP and ask for a hormone panel. Tell them your symptoms and just say you want to check where your levels are at and see if theres a problem. Aside from that, like Gib said, download an app like myfitnesspal and track all your macros. You can go into the settings and fine-tune your macro goals to your specific needs. And then treat it like a competition with yourself. Try to beat yesterday's result.... I find that motivates me and makes me more consistent.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
6'2", 280 with abs. BEAST. Nice dude. Anyway, what has been already said is a must. One other question, would be hows your sleep? Sleep Apnea can cause all those symptoms as well. You snore? Does your wife/sig other kick you to make you stop? I was waking up 17 times an hour. Always tired. Just might be something to check. But by all means, get that diet in check, get some discipline. You can do it. Good luck, and welcome to the board.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
6'2", 280 with abs. BEAST. Nice dude. Anyway, what has been already said is a must. One other question, would be hows your sleep? Sleep Apnea can cause all those symptoms as well. You snore? Does your wife/sig other kick you to make you stop? I was waking up 17 times an hour. Always tired. Just might be something to check. But by all means, get that diet in check, get some discipline. You can do it. Good luck, and welcome to the board.

This is a great point.

Due to your weight I'd say there is a very good chance you may have sleep apnea. This can also lower natural testosterone levels.

noobmuscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brother I have learned so much from our friends here. Before I ever did any sort of AAS, I dedicated myself to nothing but nutrition and study for a year. All my study happened under the former name of this forum. I wanted to know everything I could about hormones before ever screwing with mine. It still gets me how some people just take something their friend gives them and then come here when they get in trouble with it. I mean, we're here to help, but I have always taken my body and longevity seriously. How do you mitigate risk? What's the right way? What's the wrong way? I'm thanful for my year of study with the crew here. Good for you in recognizing nutrition is where its at. Muscle will never be made of oil. Only calories. Without that, nothing else matters.Much respect for you brother. I have no doubts you will find everything you need here if you truly want it.

New Threads