New dude

Reaction score
So I'm NOT new to working out, but I am new to the bodybuilding game. I'm sure I'll probably hear some shit for this but I was real heavy into CrossFit for the past few years. Sort of lost interest in the workouts but kept Olympic weightlifting...love that shit. I think a year or two of bodybuilding would dramatically increase Olympic weightlifting ability. Anyway...look forward to seeing what everyone has to say and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground.

Thezilla

Reaction score
Back in the day when I was an athlete all I did was plyometric training. It is a great gate way into the sport of bodybuilding imo. The only problem I see in your case is that you prob will lose interest in that CrossFit stuff. Well maybe that’s a good thing!

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB

Reaction score
Yeah man...100 box jumps then 100 wall balls started to become super lame. All I ever wanted to do was a 1RM back squats or snatch. Got to the point where I didn't do class anymore and just used the gym to lift. Then I realized why the **** and I paying 180 bucks to do something I can do for a hell of a lot cheaper. Enter bodybuilding.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why on earth does crossfit cost so much?

Cheap barbell
Cheap rubberized weights
Racks
A few kettlebell and medicine balls
A roof and 4 walls
Poorly qualified coaching

Profits like a MF

Reaction score
I think it costs so much because the majority of the people who come in sort of/kind of care about working out. I think they come there mostly to socialize. Just one guys opinion.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
They have to have a latte bar....... lol

Welcome to the board.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
It costs so much because it is trendy. Period.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.

New Threads