Best form of meat to get lean if money is not a factor?

Reaction score
What do you feel is the best meat to include into one's diet if money is not a factor? I recently quit drinking and have started my journey to get back into shape. Being that I'm not wasting money on fancy beers and wine anymore, I have been treating myself to high quality meals like fresh salmon, crab, oysters, and steaks.

I've never been much of a chicken guy unless it's fried, so other than chicken, what are the best sources of meat to throw into a diet if you're not on a budget?
Halibut?.....Shrimp?,.... Bison?

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Since you're a baller....

I'd say 24/7 lobster!

90ecaecea465693ab233bc28def51d97--lobster-nutrition-all-about-food.jpg

But real talk, I'd just mix it up.

Reaction score
I'm definitely not a "baller." I'm upper middle class at best. I've just found that it's nice to treat myself with the money I'm saving by not drinking. It's been helping keep me sober. I figure that I was spending $400-$500 a month getting drunk between going out and drinking at home.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rotate and keep it interesting. For me it's chicken breast, turkey breast, salmon, orange roughy, swai, tilapia, sirloin, 93% lean ground beef, bison, eye of round, etc. I try to stick to under 1.5g of fat per ounce with the exception of salmon and sirloin. I get my fat from other sources typically.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Halibut ( without a doubt best quality protein fish) wild caught Pacific salmon, lobster, grass fed variety beefs, free range chickens, bison.

Reaction score
Halibut ( without a doubt best quality protein fish) wild caught Pacific salmon, lobster, grass fed variety beefs, free range chickens, bison.

I actually have a pretty sweet connection for halibut. One of my best friends from high school owns a half-day boat on the coast. I haven't gone deep sea fishing in years, but the last time I went out on his boat my brother and I put over a hundred pounds of halibut in our parents freezer. My brother also won a $100 pot for catching the biggest fish which was about a 60 pound halibut. My buddy didn't even charge us to go out either. All it cost me was a day license.

This sounds like a nice excuse to head over to the coast for the weekend.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I actually have a pretty sweet connection for halibut. One of my best friends from high school owns a half-day boat on the coast. I haven't gone deep sea fishing in years, but the last time I went out on his boat my brother and I put over a hundred pounds of halibut in our parents freezer. My brother also won a $100 pot for catching the biggest fish which was about a 60 pound halibut. My buddy didn't even charge us to go out either. All it cost me was a day license.

This sounds like a nice excuse to head over to the coast for the weekend.

Damn. Halibut is expensive af. You lucky man

TRUSTNME

Reaction score
I think everyone is right. It all depends your body and how it process and uses protein. I've done shows on red meat. Just chicken leaves me stringy. Red meat I feel out well and a bowl of white rice the night before a show, skin tightens and veins are pouring next morning. Nothing to eat prior to weight ins.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Eggs are always good but find a local henhouse and get them there

Wagyu filet

Shrimp

Scallops

Lobster I guess I am not big on it.

Octopus

Good call on halibut but not sure what you mean by best quality protein seek. It's just fish.

Blue fin tuna from the northeast

Striped bass from the northeast

Oysters from MA

Here is the thing. If you don't know how to cook, all those expensive ingredients will come out like shit.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Wagyu filet

Shrimp

Scallops

Octopus

Good call on halibut but not sure what you mean by best quality protein seek. It's just fish.

Oysters from MA

Here is the thing. If you don't know how to cook, all those expensive ingredients will come out like shit.

40 grams per serving. Wild caught, never farm raised

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If money isn't an issue then rent a hot ass hooker and take her to some high end resteraunt.. get baked on the way in and order all expensive shit off the menu.. as ur leaving order some expensive shit to go.. then take a limo and as ur heading home u and the hooker can pick up another expensive hooker on the way...u get home anddddd then u bang them both while u non violently smother expensive leftover food in their faces

Tab for the night should around 7k

Next week do the same

And always remember hooker meat is the best meat

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score

Who doesn't know how to cook a piece of meat? We're not baking a cake here. You literally throw it on a grill or boil it in a pot with some seasoning.

If you really want to go Gordon Ramsay on it, you can bust out the cocktail sauce for extra flavor......smh

Halibut is probably the easiest fish to cook. Even a complete retard couldn't screw it up. Throw it on the grill with some old bay and lemon juice. there's a reason it cost over $20 a pound.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Who doesn't know how to cook a piece of meat? We're not baking a cake here. You literally throw it on a grill or boil it in a pot with some seasoning.

If you really want to go Gordon Ramsay on it, you can bust out the cocktail sauce for extra flavor......smh

Halibut is probably the easiest fish to cook. Even a complete retard couldn't screw it up. Throw it on the grill with some old bay and lemon juice. there's a reason it cost over $20 a pound.

I love cocktail sauce on my boiled meat.

Reaction score
I love cocktail sauce on my boiled meat.

Crab, bay shrimp, langostino ....etc

My post probably makes no sense to poor people or kids. When I say boiled meat, I'm not talking about reduced price chicken breast or pork tenders from the frozen food section at Walmart.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Wagyu filet

Shrimp

Scallops

Octopus

Oysters from MA

Don't eat anything that swims in its own piss and shit. And stay away from those chicken abortion they call eggs.

There's no fun in chicken breast but it's the number one go to meat.

Hands down the best meat is venison backstraps. Lean as lean can be but tasty if done correctly on a grill; no knife required. It is illegal in PA to cook a backstrap that was just harvested from a deer that day in a frying pan onto of a stove.

New Threads