12 Month Ketogenic Experiment

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried spoonfuls of oils. It was f'ing gross!

I used a lot of mct oil, which is flavorless, but you have to build up a tolerance to, as well as quest mct powder, which is easier on the stomach. Both of these I would either mix in a protein shake or crystal light. I also ate a lot of salads with olive oil, cooked a lot of things in butter, and used heavy cream in my coffee.

I'm surprised you didn't mention plain coconut oil. That's my go to fat source on keto. Tastes just fine by itself IMO.

I remember the the first time I ate MCT oil........

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I remember the the first time I ate MCT oil........

Yup! We all had that "first time " with the mcts.

Coconut oil is a a good source too. For some reason or another I was just never able to get into it.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried spoonfuls of oils. It was f'ing gross!

I used a lot of mct oil, which is flavorless, but you have to build up a tolerance to, as well as quest mct powder, which is easier on the stomach. Both of these I would either mix in a protein shake or crystal light. I also ate a lot of salads with olive oil, cooked a lot of things in butter, and used heavy cream in my coffee.

Are you back on the wagon?

Yeah I’ve been back for almost 2 weeks. Picked up some MCT oil to help with the fats. I need to figure out how to get my digestive system on track cause I’ve been shutting my guts out! Lol.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been back for almost 2 weeks. Picked up some MCT oil to help with the fats. I need to figure out how to get my digestive system on track cause I’ve been shutting my guts out! Lol.

With MCTs, you can go from zero to shi&^ing your pants in about 5 mins!

Quest makes an MCT powder that is easier on your digestive system. It contains a small number of carbs, which they use as a binder, but it may fit into what you're doing depending on how low you're going on carbs.

New Threads