Jeff Nippard on Max Protein Absorption in One Sitting

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
My old ass gotta eat even more protein:( gunna call to get up fitted with an electric jaw

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Love how a guy who looks like a kid is going to tell me how much protein I need to take.....Try telling a bodybuilder that only 30g a meal of protein is needed, he will get laughed at.....

Never trust anyone on Youtube, especially when it comes to health.....

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
40 grams is what I shoot for in a sitting. I do agree that a bigger man needs more and even more on top of that as we age.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Not as thorough on the data portion as I'd expect from Jeff but his take home point (protein per meal is context dependent - age, size & training being just some of the factors to consider) is accurate.

Protein utilization re muscle growth has always been a compensatory response. It adjusts to the context in question. That is why guys like Stuart Phillips who come up with these "per meal limits" are barking up the wrong tree - especially when said limits are based on acute, zero real world applicability, data.

Chaos501

Reaction score
I agree this isn’t as accurate as it could be and it does vary from one person to another... but I also believe that if your shooting for a calorie surplus that you should strive to get those calories from protein... as your body uses the protein to rebuild the muscle which doesn’t actually require as much as most would think on a daily basis... but beyond that we replace the glycogen stores in our body and then beyond that I believe correct me if I’m wrong it is stored as fat.. but as each persons goals are different so are their diets and the break down of those diets.

New Threads