Niacin Flush

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
So im taking the niacin 100mg 3 times a day right

Decided to go ahead and up thee ante to 200mgs

Ironically got confused with whether or not I had taken them

So turns out i took 400mgs at around 8pm last night and holy moly

Started feeling hot like a sunburn then a co worker says holy shit dude your beet red

My whole body turned hot and especually my eyes and face lol

At any rate was quite an experience invigorating and uplifting in a way

May wanna try it if you havent before

using it to try to get my bp down

with all the other things going on like a lot of cardio weight loss and eating better

Cant say its for sure the niacin lowering the bp but it seems to be

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Have you thought about going to a doc about your BP?

Have been able to lower it myself so far so good

10/04/2017 bp 160/90 Cholesterol 260 at the end of a blast of 400mg 1mg anastrozole and a little dabbling in anavar at 40mg a day for a couple weeks

12/21/2017 bp 140/88 Cholesterol 230 running nothing but 150mg test c per week

Since then have been doing a ton of bike riding because my car broke down and ride between 4 to 7 miles a day depending on what job and if I have physical therapy that day

also have been doing the niacin so wanting to see where I am at around 2/21/2018 at the next donation before jumping on a script of doctor script stuff am trying to avoid that

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Appears to be going down, must be living right man, but seriously Z I cant deal with that niacin burn, feels like I've been welding without a hood for a while...lol. I take metropolol for bp, seems to do the trick.

Last edited:

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Is the niacin uncut? That used to be the thing some guys took day of the show. Seemed to bring out the vascularity. I couldn't deal with the sensations though.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...nical-trial-combination-cholesterol-treatment

I would avoid Niacin, does more bad than good.....But that can be said for most drugs it seems.....

Interesting study. Thanks for posting. I've seen hints that suggest that cholesterol isn't as highly correlated to an increased risk of cardiovascular events as once thought, and I wonder if the fact that the niacin/statin combo lowered cholesterol, but didn't reduce cardiac events lends some support to that.

"During the study’s 32 months of follow-up, participants who took high dose, extended-release niacin and statin treatment had increased HDL cholesterol and lowered triglyceride levels compared to participants who took a statin alone. However, the combination treatment did not reduce fatal or non-fatal heart attacks, strokes, hospitalizations for acute coronary syndrome, or revascularization procedures to improve blood flow in the arteries of the heart and brain."

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Started taking it after speaking with Seeker about it

The flush is kinda neat too

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Well there were plenty of references and studies she put forth as well. Also the people in the study you posted were sick already to begin with and statins were used in the study. It's been working very well for me. And I don't use extended release I use immediate release. You probably didn't even read the report.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
There's always a study out there to prove anything wrong.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dont think u read the NIH study, research it, Niasin increases stroke in healthy people....So continue taking all the niacin u want because Monica says so....

Well there were plenty of references and studies she put forth as well. Also the people in the study you posted were sick already to begin with and statins were used in the study. It's been working very well for me. And I don't use extended release I use immediate release. You probably didn't even read the report.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...nical-trial-combination-cholesterol-treatment
I would avoid Niacin, does more bad than good.....But that can be said for most drugs it seems.....
Extended-release niacin. Niacin is well known for preventing fat mobilization so taking an extended release version is a ****ing stupid idea - also explains some of the side effects in that trial like loss of glycemic control, etc. Improving lipids while reducing your body's ability to utilize fat is NOT a good trade off under any circumstances.

They used the extended-release version to bypass the flushing side effect. Not realizing that the normal version at least has a compensatory increase in fat oxidation after a few hours (I played around with it back in my bbing days but w/e).

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Then again Trump supporters dont believe in science, and Monica is not a scientist so she must be right.....

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Monica Monica Monica hearing this name makes me wanna BJ

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Zeigler, never go to a forum for health solutions, go see a doctor, only they can accurately prescribe what you need, not a bunch of clowns (me included) on a gay dating forum......

Reaction score
I was reading about , if u are pre diabetic better watch out with the slow releasing as ripped said .. check examine.com

New Threads