was duchaine buff?

R

rickyhard

He was an icon for me and I do not think about how he grew his muscles

Reaction score
He couldnt use gear for years due to drug testing for his probation he mentioned it several times as the reason he wasn't on

Reaction score
I remember Animal from Homer's board- here as well if memory serves (20 yrs ago). Guy was nuts- he kept print outs of his cycles with his gear to prove it was all for personal use if he ever got popped. Nearly everything was measured in grams. Wonder if he's still around.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
I still have his.Body Opus book. He was promoting ketosis long before Atkins was popular. I dropped 20lbs in a month following his routine back in the day.

Last edited:

BrotherIron

Reaction score
He wasn't big. Just about everything was pharm grade back then, and he was a guinea pig, and used the people he trained as guinea pigs. He would try new drugs on himself and his athletes, and would take massive amounts of notes of what was happening. He was pretty much the ultimate bro scientist.

Yeah but a lot of shit worked. I know people back in the day who would incorporate his ideals and they worked pretty well.

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
Rumours were that Dan and Animal were one and the same. Any of you Guys who been around a while should or may remember Animal the guy who masterminded the fina kit

Same as what micro2000 wrote (he was around posting when both were on the forums)....they were different. Maybe you are thinking of Dharkam?

Dan and Animal HATED each other....they couldn't stand each other. I'll give animal props for the things he brought to our 'arena,' but he will never measure-up, even close, to what Duchaine was.

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
Back when my knowledge of our Enlightened Dark Side was mostly through hints+clues+whispers on T-Nation, he wrote an article on what he did with Fina pellets. I forget exactly how he described the steps, but at one point he said, "or, if you wanted to do it a more elegant way you could ... "

That's when I knew he was different.

He wrote about it in the old MM2K magazine, around 93/94, i'd have to look. Then later he wrote about it, and similar stuff, in his Dirty Dieting newsletter. If it was on T-Nation, then they were probably trying to rip him off. In fact, when they first started that site, TC Luoma, another douchebag I forgot his name, and I think maybe Brock Strasser (Bruce Kneller) tried to defame Duchaine to gain recognition off his name to draw people to their site. They talked a lot of shit about him, it was right before he passed away. None of those guys would be anything if it were not for him, as they all got their start from MM2K, and Bruce had already been arrested for selling Anadrol when he was in school (pre-RSOC).

He competed early on in his life, I think he also did couples bodybuilding, but he had bad genetics and stopped competing....he was never a big guy.

Guy will never.....ever.....be duplicated. He was the original and only one of his kind...he was that different and smart. He was not always right, but it's easy to say that looking back 20-30 years now after tons of concentrated research has been published and tried by the community. Nubain was his biggest mistake, though he admitted it....as well as other stuff when he was wrong, unl;ike some jerk-offs over the years who are wrong and will argue into the ground to save their face while looking like ignorant douchebags.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
. . . If it was on T-Nation, then they were probably trying to rip him off. In fact, when they first started that site, TC Luoma, another douchebag I forgot his name, and I think maybe Brock Strasser (Bruce Kneller) tried to defame Duchaine to gain recognition off his name to draw people to their site . . .

I thought it was T-Nation back when I wrote that, but you have a more comprehensive memory of community history than I do. Unless it was (also) on T-Nation, then I would bet money on your version over mine. I was a from-their-launch subscriber to MM2K back then, but I was also dazed 'n confused when Phillips and Dr Connelly birthed MetRx before splitting up to see Phillips push EAS. Duchaine did pen that suggestion of "elegant" ways to home brew somewhere, however ... that one's been etched on my brain ever since :cool:

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Duplicate post. I'm still dazed 'n confused ....

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
I thought it was T-Nation back when I wrote that, but you have a more comprehensive memory of community history than I do. Unless it was (also) on T-Nation, then I would bet money on your version over mine. I was a from-their-launch subscriber to MM2K back then, but I was also dazed 'n confused when Phillips and Dr Connelly birthed MetRx before splitting up to see Phillips push EAS. Duchaine did pen that suggestion of "elegant" ways to home brew somewhere, however ... that one's been etched on my brain ever since :cool:

lol...I just realized this thread was an older one. Yea brother, Duchaine never wrote for T-Nation from what I remember, and when he posted it up in MM2K, T-Nation wasn't even around yet. TC was still with MM2K when Duchaine posted it in the mag. TC left later on and took his writing style, and stuff he learned from MM2K to help Tnation. He's a great writer, but a became more of a salesman for that site than anything. Why they didn't just ask Duchaine to join them would have been good to know, he may have done it. I'm not sure though because he may have still been with MM2K or Ironman during that time.

He used to post on the early forums....mfw newsgroup, UG Supp's, and EliteFitness, etc.

New Threads