Reverse Hyper Machine

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has used a reverse hyper machine. A gym I visited today had one, but I'm never sure if I'm "feeling" it right.

Should I be feeling it more in my lower back, glutes, or hamstrings?

I'm assuming this is something you'd rep out in the 15-20 range, but would appreciate anyone's experience with how they incorporate it into their routine.

Reaction score
I always thought it was more of a rehab/spinal decompression exercise. Never used one though.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
New gym ive been going too has two of them, only seen them used one time, big dude was on it backwards so his core was suspended in mid air, then he’d have his 2 buddies give him a bar with 135lbs on it and repped out sets of 15

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You should fell it in all 3!

Thanks that’s the kind of tip I was looking for. The YouTube videos I watched were either calling it a lower back movement or, if it was a chick in yoga pants, it was being called a glute movement. Good to know it’s all three, cause I definitely didn’t feel it isolating a particular muscle. I’ll the check out the west side videos. Thanks!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks that’s the kind of tip I was looking for. The YouTube videos I watched were either calling it a lower back movement or, if it was a chick in yoga pants, it was being called a glute movement. Good to know it’s all three, cause I definitely didn’t feel it isolating a particular muscle. I’ll the check out the west side videos. Thanks!

Louie Simmons invented it listen to him and his athlete's

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One of the gyms I train at added one a few months back. Agreed - game changer.

x2 on the Louie Simmons videos to learn proper technique.

New Threads