Not new but never introduced meself

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
I've just been lurking here the last year or so, but I should probably go ahead and introduce myself.

Been lifting off and on my whole life. In my 20s and early 30s I lifted to supplement my taekwondo. Around age 29 I was pretty ripped, actually, but not real big.

Once I got married and had a kid, and got older, I started getting fat. Eventually around age 40 decided to do something about it. Looked into Stronglifts, Starting Strength, etc. Got a used Oly weightset, half rack, and bench in my basement. Was doing pretty good, got stronger, lost some of my fat. As I plateau'd and moved into more of an intermediate level I also started doing more and more assistance work for fun, and also for aesthetics. Oh yeah, I got divorced somewhere in there too.

49 now, doing more hypertrophy work than powerlift stuff. On doctor prescribed TRT with occasional supplemental cycles of other things ;) I think I'm doing pretty well for an "old guy". I enjoy it, it keeps me focused on something relatively healthy, and might even extend my life I suppose. Going to keep at it as long as I can.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to have ya. Welcome aboard.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing ye round a bit. Welcome back and great intro!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know u from ab too .. welcome

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, lots of TRT guys here... glad to have you aboard.

New Threads