Fish oil

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Nothing like a strong set of gills. Fish oil is really the only thing I take, supplement wise, It is the one supp. worthy of the hype.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I take it for my cholesterol: one in the morning and one at night. (600mg/tab I think) Didn't know it helped the BP too!

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
awesome fish oil is great for cholesterol I can benefit from it like snake said, wich bramd and how many mg I should take?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I would do 8 grams a day for blood pressure this is 4x the daily dose for the brand I take. Seems like lower doses are good for triglycerides and good hdl/ldl balance but higher doses are needed for blood pressure.

Maybe Mr. RZ can chime in.

I'm sticking with 8g for another week then increasing to 12g to see if there's any additional benefit. I'm running tren soon and my BP always gets higher oncycle.

checking BP twice daily

Last edited:

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jin is going to make for a nice sushi platter one day.....

I would do 8 grams a day for blood pressure this is 4x the daily dose for the brand I take. Seems like lower doses are good for triglycerides and good hdl/ldl balance but higher doses are needed for blood pressure.

Maybe Mr. RZ can chime in.

I'm sticking with 8g for another week then increasing to 12g to see if there's any additional benefit. I'm running tren soon and my BP always gets higher oncycle.

checking BP twice daily

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Be careful, 2 much fish oil can thin blood 2 dangerous levels.....

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I cut myself every time PFM makes fun of me. Still clotting nicely.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
My thoughts are expressed here: https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/25232-Omega-6-3-data

Note that my recommendations are based on EPA/DHA amounts and not just fish oil in general.
So if your taking a typical cheaper brand then 1g fish oil = 300mg of EPA/DHA combined so 8g would give you 2.4g total EPA/DHA. In line with my recommendations. 12g would give you 3.6g - still in line with my recommendations.

The concerns over blood thinning are more hypothetical than anything at this stage since I've never seen (both in data & practice) it ever be an issue but caution is recommended especially for those on other blood thinning meds.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
^^^^Thanks for reposting that. My order of Carlson Elite arrives tomorrow and I was just wondering about that very post of yours.

New Threads