Low dose deca for joints

Ironwood

Reaction score
Is this legit? I would be likely adding to TRT dose. Deca at 150mg/week? Does it work? Any joint benefits carry on beyond using it? Got old man joints.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Many many users report comfort particularly around the joints. In my case the pain came back when I came off.

Worth a shot. Start at 100 and find the minimum dose needed.

Keep an eye on bp and rbc

I honestly wouldn't do it though. Not for me.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I felt like I noticed some joint relief on a fairly low dosage, but I found that it definitely raised my bp over time...

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Have heard the nandeca is great for joints and this may not be relevant to this thread in particular

But will say that test cyp makes my joints feel great

Had random sharp pains so bad in one ankle for on a daily basis for years till i went on trt

Now it rarely rears its ugly head up around once every 6 months

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Is it the steroid nandralone that is good for the joints or the ester decanoate that is fixing the joints ?

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Nandrolone is reported to increase synovial fluid in the joints. As soon as you come off though you are back to your previous state.

I will also add that if you are having joint pain the check that your E2 levels are not too low. That is a classic symptom of low E2.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I have heard/seen both with nandy.... some guys, the pain comes back after they come off, but others (some on this board), actually had some chronic joint issues heal while on nandy and because the joints got enough of a "break" because of it, the chronic issue completely disappeared.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Is it the steroid nandralone that is good for the joints or the ester decanoate that is fixing the joints ?

The nandy. Ester has nothing to do with the drug.

Ironwood

Reaction score
Many many users report comfort particularly around the joints. In my case the pain came back when I came off.

Worth a shot. Start at 100 and find the minimum dose needed.

Keep an eye on bp and rbc

I honestly wouldn't do it though. Not for me.

thanks POB. Never used deca before, but sounds like sides can be tough. Agreed on low dose and see how it goes.

Ironwood

Reaction score
Nandrolone is reported to increase synovial fluid in the joints. As soon as you come off though you are back to your previous state.

I will also add that if you are having joint pain the check that your E2 levels are not too low. That is a classic symptom of low E2.

Thanks Mega. My E2 has been in range lately. I have a 20 year old ACL repair amongst other old man issues. Just hoping to get a little joint relief.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Mega. My E2 has been in range lately. I have a 20 year old ACL repair amongst other old man issues. Just hoping to get a little joint relief.

What does your ACL repair have to do with your joints?

Ironwood

Reaction score
What does your ACL repair have to do with your joints?

That knee has bothered me ever since. Had some miniscus damage with it as well. Keeps me from squatting as much as I like. Is this something deca would help with? Thx for the advice Jin. Always appreciate ur perspective.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
That knee has bothered me ever since. Had some miniscus damage with it as well. Keeps me from squatting as much as I like. Is this something deca would help with? Thx for the advice Jin. Always appreciate ur perspective.

I figured it was miniscus. I've had ACL reconstruction as well. Actually tore it again after that.

I don't see why it would t benefit the knee joint but given the studies and advice above why would you bother running it if it isnt going to work long term?

Ironwood

Reaction score
Pretty much agreed at this point, Jin. Retair of ACL sounds awful. Once was enough.

I would run it along side TRT for a longer duration if it worked. But sounds like it may not be worth some of the negative sides. Not worth any sort of long term health detriment for some short term benefit.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Pretty much agreed at this point, Jin. Retair of ACL sounds awful. Once was enough.

I would run it along side TRT for a longer duration if it worked. But sounds like it may not be worth some of the negative sides. Not worth any sort of long term health detriment for some short term benefit.

Run it low dose on your bulking cycles. Maybe it will help prevent further damage while working under heavy loads.

Reaction score
Deca acts as an Anti-Inflam agent which is why it is better for joint pain.
EQ is better with Collagen Synth though so yeah probably better in the long run.

Ironwood

Reaction score
EQ is better with Collagen Synth though so yeah probably better in the long run.

Ive read where EQ might help with collagen, but not really seen it verified. I was considering EQ for next cycle so something to look into.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score

Anti inflammatory? U have some studies to prove that?