Vid’s 2018 Log

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ll check to see why I missed the email - consider it dropped. You’re advice has been worth it’s weight in gold so far.

Oh, I just sent it about 15 minutes ago. I just figured you might check here first lol.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Nice work dude. How is the diet coming along?

Diets been great. Dropped from 220 down to 180 in just under three months and went from being a overweight middle aged guy to healthy. Now I’m simple a rookie UGBB’r with a long road ahead of me to start chasing the rest of you.

Spongy’s plan completely changed my thought process and habits concerning food. I can’t recommend it enough. I hit my original goal and relaxed a bit over the last two weeks but I habitually found myself weighing out food and eating roughly the same meals at the same frequency. More a lifestyle now then a diet. Curious to eventually see how the building side goes.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Diets been great. Dropped from 220 down to 180 in just under three months and went from being a overweight middle aged guy to healthy. Now I’m simple a rookie UGBB’r with a long road ahead of me to start chasing the rest of you.

Spongy’s plan completely changed my thought process and habits concerning food. I can’t recommend it enough. I hit my original goal and relaxed a bit over the last two weeks but I habitually found myself weighing out food and eating roughly the same meals at the same frequency. More a lifestyle now then a diet. Curious to eventually see how the building side goes.

Awesome dude, thats great. Once you get the food lifestyle changes made, the rest follows.... Keep up the good work and dont get discouraged if you dont get the results you want quick enough... Just stick to the plan and change will happen. Its a gradual thing, and more a byproduct of self-discipline and hard work plus time.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Nope, I’m a long way from that stage. Just working on the foundation and learning from everyone here. One day I’ll cross that bridge but I have plenty of basic things to get in order first.

smart man keep at it brutha!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Easter bunny delivered some good reading material:
IMG_1928.jpg

Found a new hole-in-the-wall gym that I'm really liking. The equipment looks handmade up close. Open 24hrs:
IMG_1927.jpg

Had some good workouts over the last few weeks but these were the first two in the new gym:

Wednesday Night:
Lat Pull-Downs - Wide 3x10
Lat Pull-Downs - narrow 3x10
HS Row 3x10
T-Bar Row 3x10
Rear-Delt Flyes 3x10
DB Lateral Raises 3x10
DB Front Raises 3x10
BB Curls 3x10
DB Tricep Extensions 3x10
Pushdowns 3x10
HS Shoulder Press 3x10
Decline Sit-Ups 60 (Sorry Seeker... need to incorporate your advice)
Standing Single Leg Curls 3x10 each

Thursday Night:
Hack Squats 5x10
Lying Leg Curls 4x10 (target bad hamstring)
Squats 3x10
Decline Sit-Ups 60 (Again, sorry Seek)
Standing Single Leg Curls 3x10 each (target bad hamstring)
Leg Extensions 3x10
Seated Calf Raises 5x20
Pushdowns 2x15 (lagging body part)

Overall I'm just in the dog days of progress... weight's not dropping very much but the mirror test is telling me I'm still heading in the right direction. Diet, workouts and cardio are all on point... just need to keep going.

Reaction score
That gym looks sweet... Solid work as well!
I'm looking forward to following along!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Saw the doctor for the first time in 6 years. Had to really twist his arm to check my test levels. No plans to cycle anytime soon but I’m curious what it’s at since I’m 36.

Apparently I have rediculously high blood pressure. 165/112 at the moment. Diastolic is usually lower.

He proscribed Lotrel.

Recommended I drop caffeine. I said I would.

Said no heavy lifting until it’s lower. Told him there wasn’t much chance of that. So if I kick the bucket soon, it was fun. Enjoyed my time here!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Saw the doctor for the first time in 6 years. Had to really twist his arm to check my test levels. No plans to cycle anytime soon but I’m curious what it’s at since I’m 36.

Apparently I have rediculously high blood pressure. 165/112 at the moment. Diastolic is usually lower.

He proscribed Lotrel.

Said no heavy lifting until it’s lower. Told him there wasn’t much chance of that. So if I kick the bucket soon, it was fun. Enjoyed my time here!

Unwise to ignore his advice. He isn't being cautious either: your BP is too high for heavy lifting. Give the meds a chance to work.

Start taking high dose fish oil. Start at 12g/day.

unless there is a factor unknown here, chances are your BP was higher when you were less active and +40lbs. Very glad you got it checked out.

I would buy buy a blood pressure cuff for in home use if I were you

Last edited:

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks Jin. I bought a cuff awhile back. Part of the reason for the checkup was the pressure not coming down with the weight loss. Wasn’t sure how long it would take to drop if there was a correlation but I figured I should have seen something.

I’ll definitely reconsider until the pills kick in. Maybe even just cutout the compound lifts at a minimum.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Jin. I bought a cuff awhile back. Part of the reason for the checkup was the pressure not coming down with the weight loss. Wasn’t sure how long it would take to drop if there was a correlation but I figured I should have seen something.

I’ll definitely reconsider until the pills kick in. Maybe even just cutout the compound lifts at a minimum.

What has your pressure been at home? Mine is always higher at the doctors.

Some people have significant reductions in BP with correlating reductions in weight. Mine has no bearing. I've had hypertension since 14 and at that time I was swimming 4 hours a day and 10% BF. No known cause for mine. Been medicated since 14 years old.

Ive tried dozens of things to further (on 2 Rx BP meds) lower my pressure and 15g of fish oil puts me at 135/65 on tren! Get some fish oil.

your numbers are serious. If I were on cycle and had that high BP I'd end the cycle immediately. Since you are natural I would take it easy in the gym until it gets lower.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
What has your pressure been at home? Mine is always higher at the doctors.

Anything from 145-175 over 80-100. Diastolic is rarely as high as it was at the office. Still not good though...

I have fish oil but finally did the math va what you recommend. That’s a ton of fish oil but I’ll give it a shot. (I’ll let spongy know as well.)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Anything from 145-175 over 80-100. Diastolic is rarely as high as it was at the office. Still not good though...

I have fish oil but finally did the math va what you recommend. That’s a ton of fish oil but I’ll give it a shot. (I’ll let spongy know as well.)

It's actually in the upper middle range of what Mr. RippedZilla recommends. So, seems a lot but not excessive.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

He proscribed Lotrel.

Were you on the ECA when you got your bp measured? If so, that would be the reason it was so high... Just trying to rule stuff out.....

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Were you on the ECA when you got your bp measured? If so, that would be the reason it was so high... Just trying to rule stuff out.....

Nope, stopped it when spongy said to drop the Y. Wasn’t smart in the first place given the situation. Wasn’t on it long enough to make much of a difference and at the time my BP had gotten *slightly* better and I was watching to make sure it didn’t get higher. (again, dumb idea in hindsight)

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
check what the actual mg of omega 3 in the fish oils is. For instance, my fish oil is 1400mg and 980mg of it is omega 3. I take 4 per day. Some fish oils have much lower omega 3 contents so you end up taking more pills to get the results.

For BP I take fish oil, coq10, magnesium, and garlic.

I also do breathing exercises daily.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
check what the actual mg of omega 3 in the fish oils is. For instance, my fish oil is 1400mg and 980mg of it is omega 3. I take 4 per day. Some fish oils have much lower omega 3 contents so you end up taking more pills to get the results.

For BP I take fish oil, coq10, magnesium, and garlic.

I also do breathing exercises daily.

Notice a change from the coq10 Spongy?

New Threads