The Fantastical World of Hormones

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
The Fantastical World of Hormones is a must watch 1 hr show that can be found on Amazon Prime. It goes into the study of the body's endocrinology system and how a little over 100 years ago, nothing was understood about it. It does touch on a hormone that is near and dear to all of our hearts.

So take a break from your hashtagging/snapchatting/tweeting/Facebooking world and go learn something. I was humbled by what little I knew about hormones and this wasn't even the 101 class. I'm not above saying this; the more I learn, the more I realize how ignorant I am.

Side notes:

For my man Zilla; pay attention to about 13 min in where your boys from The Academy of Science make a medical claim. ;)

There's some good "Food for thought" on the role fat plays in our body and how the hormone Leptin works on a feedback loop. They don't mention it but estrogen has to be playing a factor in there too with respects to fat. 50 min in for you the Cliff note guys.

Also for Jin who is the resident thread house keeper. I hope I got this in the right section this time. (Going to be awhile before I forget you pointed that out) ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Fantastical-World-Hormones-Andrew-Smith/dp/B01JBJWK9Y

Reaction score
Just watched it, really interesting. Thanks for sharing

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Had hoped to watch this over the weekend Snake.
the weather is breaking here, drowning some worms with my son is gonna win out I’m afraid.
I will get to it!

New Threads