Jeff Nippard - Calves

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks brother! I'm not too far off from what he said in the video.

Here's what I have been doing for about 2 years now with a little tweaking. (at best, may have added 1/2")
Monday & Wednesday: Standing Calf. 5 sets of 10 reps, hold the top for a one count, 30 second rest.
Saturday: same workout and one set of seated calf with 20 reps, hold the top.

I start my Monday and Wednesday workout with the calf work when I have the most energy. You have to be serious about calf growth to do them before your chest and back work! Saturday is legs and I'm not trying to squat after doing calves.

I think my Soleus is fairly well developed because from the front, my calves look less shitty. It's from the side that the gastrocs make my lower leg look small. They just don't get that big drastic change between the lower and upper calf.

When I was power lifting I could get away with saying, "All I expect from my calves is to hold up my 600 lb squat" but now that squat is gone, I lost that argument. :(

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
My buddy I used to work with had some of the biggest calves I've seen. Know how he did it? While at work he did hundreds and hundreds of body weight calf raises almost everyday. Sets of 50, 100 or to failure. Swear to God his calves were perfect and huge from it

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My buddy I used to work with had some of the biggest calves I've seen. Know how he did it? While at work he did hundreds and hundreds of body weight calf raises almost everyday. Sets of 50, 100 or to failure. Swear to God his calves were perfect and huge from it

Jol recommended to me to put on a weight vest and wear it all day. I have a desk job so it doesn't help there and the vest would give me tan lines in the summer; that's a no go. :32 (18):

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Jol recommended to me to put on a weight vest and wear it all day. I have a desk job so it doesn't help there and the vest would give me tan lines in the summer; that's a no go. :32 (18):

Put that vest on, then clench up your butt cheeks to failure all day at your desk. Grow world class glutes. Learn how to twerk, make millions on Instagram. Retire early. Thank me later, I'm just here to help.

Reaction score
My calves sucked until I did them everyday. Bodyweight standing on one foot on a calve raise block I made. Sets of 15 each calf. I would do that throughout the day at work. The bathroom was downstairs. Coming back up the stairs, I would do 3 raises per step, one side, then step up to next step, do three more....and so on. I got a little tendonitis after about 2 weeks. I then did it every other day.
The calf is very stubborn and can take alot. I have done endless foot patrols in Iraq and Afghanistan wearing full combat load, Front back and side plates, and my calves were never sore or tired. My quads, glutes and hams could sort of feel it. Calves are insanely tougher than most could imagine.

New Threads