Back-calculating testosterone concentrations (roughly)

Reaction score
So last night i think i may have stumbled on a way to check if your testosterone is dosed correctly. It should work for most estered tests, but would probably more accurate for longer esters.

Ill try to keep things brief and break it down into steps:

1) use Nadlers formula to calculate total blood volume with your height in inches and weight in pounds. ( 0.006012 x H3)/(14.6 x W)+604

2) get your blood tested a few hours after your first injection (assuming youre not already on trt) to see your test levels in nanograms per decileter.

3) convert test concentration to grams per mL

4) multiply your test concentration in g/mL by your total blood volume in mL you got in step 1.

If you do everything correctly, the answer you get should equal the amount of test in that 1st injection. IE you pin 1 mL of 300 mg/mL test your answer at step 4 should be around .300. Worked for me, i just did this and got .307.

Can elaborate, but i gotta get back to work.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You're saying test levels correlate directly to blood volume with no other factors?

Last edited:

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
So last night i think i may have stumbled on a way to check if your testosterone is dosed correctly. It should work for most estered tests, but would probably more accurate for longer esters.

Ill try to keep things brief and break it down into steps:

1) use Nadlers formula to calculate total blood volume with your height in inches and weight in pounds. ( 0.006012 x H3)/(14.6 x W)+604

2) get your blood tested a few hours after your first injection (assuming youre not already on trt) to see your test levels in nanograms per decileter.

3) convert test concentration to grams per mL

4) multiply your test concentration in g/mL by your total blood volume in mL you got in step 1.

If you do everything correctly, the answer you get should equal the amount of test in that 1st injection. IE you pin 1 mL of 300 mg/mL test your answer at step 4 should be around .300. Worked for me, i just did this and got .307.

Can elaborate, but i gotta get back to work.

I read this 3x and it makes no sense to me.. How can this make sense with any estered test? Two hours after your first shot of a long Ester your test levels should be only slightly elevated if at all.. With the factors of liver metabolism, tissue absorption rate..bottom line is I just don't get how you can know anything conclusive from a blood test two hours after a first shot no matter what special formula you use.
I guess something like this could be possible with TNE but even at that im pretty skeptical. Better off finding common test levels for trt protocols and estimating..or send your gear in to get analyzed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The test will pick up estered test in the total test value. So basically, if you know the volume of blood in you and the concentration of test in that blood you should be able to find the total amount of test in your body. Would only work on first injection of a cycle.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
The test will pick up estered test in the total test value. So basically, if you know the volume of blood in you and the concentration of test in that blood you should be able to find the total amount of test in your body. Would only work on first injection of a cycle.

Wait.. What? I don't think lab tests will reflect the test esters, and even of they did, you'd have to factor in IM absorption rate plus have a baseline level of endo test..

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score

No it won’t. What test is attached to an ester is still sitting in depot, not systemic circulation.

Reaction score
??? Swear this isnt a repost. Its the math i used to convince my GF that my gear wasnt crazy overdosed. Lol. I was just surprised by how close my answer actually was.

Yes i knoe youll still have some natty test left in circulation, and okay i did wait a night before my blood draw (12 hr).

Ill look into the release of test from the injection site. Hey, just an idea. Lol

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Your logic says two people with equal blood volume will achieve equal testosterone levels with the same amount of test injected.

We know through experience this isn't necessarily the case.

Reaction score
Okay okay, my idea is FAR from precise, bit for 3 mins of work i think anyone could distinguish 200 from 300 mg.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
??? Swear this isnt a repost. Its the math i used to convince my GF that my gear wasnt crazy overdosed. Lol. I was just surprised by how close my answer actually was.

Yes i knoe youll still have some natty test left in circulation, and okay i did wait a night before my blood draw (12 hr).

Ill look into the release of test from the injection site. Hey, just an idea. Lol

Do you have a source you can cite for this formula or is this something you came up with on your own?

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Do you have a source you can cite for this formula or is this something you came up with on your own?

It’s not any special formula. He’s simply calculating total blood volume and dividing the injected dose by it to find blood concentrations. This neglects influencing factors such as not all 300mg of injected test is actually test (Some of it is ester weight), full HPTA suppression doesn’t happen overnight, certain people have higher enzyme levels of the enzyme responsible for test metabolism, etc. dr. Scally’s anecdotal observations when it came to treating ASIH recommend multiplying weekly dose by 7-10x to get a rough estimate of where boood levels should be. This method has slight bias towards showing higher than actual levels since it’s geared more towards PCT and recovery.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that blood volume equation was the first thing to show up on google. This was just a random idea of mine. I agree my idea will be skewed to the right because of natty test production. As for the systemic circulation, okay maybe 1 hour isnt enough. But id assume most of the estered test gets bound by SHG and therefore picked up in "cheap" antibody tests for hormone levels.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that blood volume equation was the first thing to show up on google. This was just a random idea of mine. I agree my idea will be skewed to the right because of natty test production. As for the systemic circulation, okay maybe 1 hour isnt enough. But id assume most of the estered test gets bound by SHG and therefore picked up in "cheap" antibody tests for hormone levels.

Estered test does NOT get bound to SHBG or albumin. It sits in depot in the muscle until the ester has been metabolized.

Reaction score
Estered test does NOT get bound to SHBG or albumin. It sits in depot in the muscle until the ester has been metabolized.

Do you have a source for this? Just curious. Ah well, no skin off my nose. So my random idea didnt work out. As a biochemist with 6 years of schooling, mainly protein biology, i am more than willing to admit im talking out of my ass here. I crunched the numbers and the results i got were much more accurate than i expected.

Thanks for the info.

New Threads