Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I will never be able to get this post out of my head. I talk shit about cardio more than anyone but Jesus at least I can admit it's because it's boring. Cortisol adrenaline and glucagon?
    Dude dont get me wrong, I lost 45 lbs with just running and diet in around 3 months, I love cardio and I can run alot
    In clincal studies it does show a spike in all those hormones and they are all in fact catabolic, I like cardio but I see these 6ft and 150 lb dudes running on the treadmill and you ask them what there are doing and they say "Cutting" you know damn well they dont need cardio, thats the last thing they need.

Thanks
    I recently started doing cardio after my second doctor got on me for not doing it. At least he only recommends 30 minutes of low intensity steady state cardio done whenever versus my other doctor who wa.nted me to do HIIT cardio BEFORE working out. I tried that HIIT for a couple of weeks then dropped it all together because I couldn't squat or deadlift squat after doing it.

Now, if you want a laugh... I asked my doctor why he recommended HIIT cardio prior to lifting weights and he couldn't give me a reason. I then asked him how many times he has done it and his answer was NEVER... IDK why one would give such advice without reason or trying it themselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,509 Times in 3,245 Posts
    I keep this simple; too much cardio is where it starts to fuuk with your squats. Everything and anything up to that is in play. You can do some serious cardio and have an okay squat or you can do some serious squatting and have an okay cardio program. The body can not serve 2 masters at a high level for any length of time. Do both at a high competitive level and you soon will be doing neither.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

notsoswoleCPA (03-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,509 Times in 3,245 Posts
    Cardio is a necessary evil. There's no disputing the benefits of it for your body; both inside and out.

That being said, can we stop acting like we enjoy it? We are mostly muscle heads and it takes a lot of O2 to fuel all that muscle. And it doesn't matter if you're 240 lbs with 35% BF or if your 240 lbs of rock hard muscle. Your joints couldn't give a shit less if you chose the wrong cardio for your body.

I have put my time in on road running; well for the lack of definition, let's call it jogging. I can not stand when some real runner who is able to pound out 8 miles starts to talk to about how great they feel after a run. Yeah me too! I feel so much better now that I can breath. Nothing like a good waterboarding to make you enjoy being able to get enough air into your lungs.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (04-10-2018),Jin (03-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,129 Times in 2,980 Posts
    I can't run for shit

Thanks
    Thanked 5,129 Times in 2,980 Posts
    Snake runs half naked in front of Amish people

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bro Bundy For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (04-10-2018),snake (03-11-2018),stanley (03-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro Bundy View Post
    Every pro bb does cardio
    Yes. Cuz they need to stay 7-9% all year so they can cut to 4.5-5.5% to hit the stage.

If u let to much fat build up you ll be doing too much cardio pre stage time n lose muscle.
    IMO they just have to keep a physique with good lines n muscle separation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,394 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itismethebee View Post
    Dude dont get me wrong, I lost 45 lbs with just running and diet in around 3 months, I love cardio and I can run alot
    In clincal studies it does show a spike in all those hormones and they are all in fact catabolic, I like cardio but I see these 6ft and 150 lb dudes running on the treadmill and you ask them what there are doing and they say "Cutting" you know damn well they dont need cardio, thats the last thing they need.
    Dude, why in the FK, yes, capital letters, would you pay any attention to what someone 6' 150 lbs sais about bodybuilding?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurfavoritepirate View Post
    Wtf kind of tattoo is that you have did you draw that when you were 12?
    12 1/2 actually. it's a cover up puto

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

Robdjents (03-11-2018)

Thanks
    All I'm doing is cardio and calisthenics via MMA and guys ask if I'm bodybuilder haha

Elite
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    Bundy and Jin are right. I've been doing 60 to 75 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. Fat is melting off and my weight isn't changing. That means gains. I don't know anybody who looks big AND lean that doesn't do cardio.
    ^ This.
    Just before I got hurt I added in cardio doing treadmill trying to keep my hr about 130 for 45 minutes after every workout.
    I'm 6'2 and 255 and in 3-4 weeks of this my weight was the same but I dropped 1.5 inches off my waist.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino99 For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (03-12-2018),notsoswoleCPA (03-12-2018)

Thanks
    I mean honestly when people do cardio it actually costs you energy, some of that energy comes from breaking down muscle into BCAA and then the liver converting it into glucose.
    So I'm almost 100% sure its not helpful for building muscles directly per se.
    I think where that notion comes from is the fact that cardio improves blood circulation and cardiovascular efficiency, meaning more nutrition and oxygen goes to your muscles.
    Honestly my only cardio is biking 2 miles on a free wheel bike to and from the gym....its basically nothing.
    But thats just my opinion, will see what other people have to say.
    So which one is it ? You do cardio or you don’t? You are all over the place dude I’m with Gibs just stfu please

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast