DHEA for older people

itismethebee

Elite
Reaction score
Does anyone think that DHEA might help my dad? he is almost 47.
I know for me it aint gonna do shit but I was hoping I can improve his life a tiny bit.
Most of the research talks about older woman and such but never men.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Has your Pop had a good blood panel done up? Have him get his Test and E2 checked. Is he complaining about anything specific?

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
You can't just start taking things without at least getting a baseline blood work done. What are his symptoms?
Dhea is known to increase estrogen. I just stopped taking mine among doing other things because my E2 was 104.

Also, some guys report that it does nothing for them.

What are you trying to do?

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Shotgun a Ensure daily. Have him get his T checked.

itismethebee

Elite
Reaction score
Has your Pop had a good blood panel done up? Have him get his Test and E2 checked. Is he complaining about anything specific?

You can't just start taking things without at least getting a baseline blood work done. What are his symptoms?
Dhea is known to increase estrogen. I just stopped taking mine among doing other things because my E2 was 104.

Also, some guys report that it does nothing for them.

What are you trying to do?

Shotgun a Ensure daily. Have him get his T checked.
He is very stubborn, Im trying to help him out but he wont visit a doctor or anything to get his panel ill keep trying tho.
My whole idea was to help him with daily function, he does have symptoms of low T and I saw a bunch of "T boosters" around his room......so Im gussing there is something behind him buying that and he also keeps complaining of muscle aching and such, I told him about trt but for some reason he is opposed to it..

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Is he opposed to trt because its a steroid injection? that's what I feel the case usually is. hope your pop gets to feeling better.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Well the first step is to get a full panel done but if he won't do it then there's nothing to do at the moment

If you think you can get him to go let us know and I'll post up what labs you should do

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
He is very stubborn, Im trying to help him out but he wont visit a doctor or anything to get his panel ill keep trying tho.
My whole idea was to help him with daily function, he does have symptoms of low T and I saw a bunch of "T boosters" around his room......so Im gussing there is something behind him buying that and he also keeps complaining of muscle aching and such, I told him about trt but for some reason he is opposed to it..

If he is suffering from low T they will start him off on a cream. The cream is the Gateway drug to test. It takes away the "Steroid" mentality because there is no needle. Old dudes are use to slopping Ben-Gay on so this is no big deal.

I got a few years on your old man so you need to trust me when I say this; 47 y.o. is to young to be feeling old. My avatar here was me at 47 y.o.

New Threads