Cutting Cycle Suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi,

In the past, I did a primo/winny cycle which definitely got me stronger / added muscle but didn't lean me out the way I would have liked.

I've slacked going to the gym but getting back into it now because going through a divorce, so need to get back in shape asap...haha.

I already lost 45 lbs by changing my diet (eating healthier) and hitting up the gym again. I'm about 225 lbs and 6'1" now, but I would really like to get down to 205 lbs and be lean.

I was thinking of doing a var/hcg/clen cycle but looking for other suggestions from anyone who can recommend a good cutting cycle.

Thank you!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well congrats on the weight loss. For now, take the easy comeback gains you should be getting in the gym and hold off on the gear for a little. And I hope when you do go on, you got some test mixed in there.

I get where the motivation is coming from but I can tell you this; a hot bod works for the first few dates at best. After that, you need to be compatible.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with Snake, you will have newb gains for several months and should bounce back fairly easy. I will just add that within your current "cutting" diet, if you are not already, increase your protein intake to 1.2 grams per pound of bodyweight... this will give you an anabolic advantage for gainsville.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Welcome..congrats on your current progress! Like snake said make sure you have some test in the mix..best of luck!

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!

Yeah, I guess I need to get back into the swing of things first and maximize as much as I can on my own before looking into a cycle.

[at]snake haha...yeah, the divorce motivation is definitely there and making my cheating EX feel more like crap for what she did and lost!

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Bet you cant wait to say, "Take a look at me now!" lol Dude, I dated this chic that said I was too big and muscular. You cant please them all, so best advice is to please yourself.
:)

Reaction score
motown1002 - haha, definitely would like to get to that point!

stonetag - haha, thanks!

I posted on another board and someone mentioned taking SARMs instead of AS, never heard of SARMs before but just wanted to see what you guys thought of it. Once I get back to a level where I want to do a cycle again is it even worth looking into SARMs or just stick with AS again?

Thanks!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
motown1002 - haha, definitely would like to get to that point!

stonetag - haha, thanks!

I posted on another board and someone mentioned taking SARMs instead of AS, never heard of SARMs before but just wanted to see what you guys thought of it. Once I get back to a level where I want to do a cycle again is it even worth looking into SARMs or just stick with AS again?

Thanks!

SARMS are mostly junk "supps" with little to no evidence to support their claims and little to no history of use and safety. They are basically the new age of prohormones. I do not recommend these.

As for the cycle are you not planning to use testosterone? From what I read above you haven't actually ran a proper cycle. Might want to start with a test only and dial in the diet. There is a sticky with all you need to know in the ass cycles forum.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
No such thing as a "cutting cycle"

id disagree but to each is their own

OP have you had labs done? Sometimes labs will show where you may have a deficiency of some time. Taking care of your body is the first step to becoming healthier leaner and meaner. You may not even know it some items have no symptoms. Get checked out and work in perfecting your lab numbers by diet and excercise supps etc

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
nothin like flaunting a sexy ass woman on ur gb/ig for your ex to see lol. jk don't do that, nothing good will come from it. keep up the good work. didn't see you mention running test alongside any of those compounds maybe I'm wrong but if you are experienced enough a test/tren cycle coupled with a strict diet and training regime should get you where you want

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Before we go any further lets address the elephant in the room

Now once again op

what about testosterone ?

Reaction score
[a]Zeigler Haha...based on everyone's replies I'm getting that the message that test should be a must.

Based on the replies I've been receiving and from researching online; when I decide to move forward with a cycle I'm thinking of maybe a test/tren/var cycle with a good diet would help me get the leaner look I'm looking for.

What do you guys think of this as a first timer doing test?

12 week cycle?
Test 250mg a week
Tren 50mg ed
Var 40-60mg ed

What are your thoughts between tren vs tbol?

What type of PCT would I be looking at doing? Should I be including HCG to lean out more?

Thank you, again!

herrsauce

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect, but it seems like there is some receptive miscommunication occurring. I know I am new here, but I have a few years of blasting and cruising under my belt.
Not only does it seem that the consensus is to add Test, but only Test. First cycle? Just use Test.

If you start with Tren and Anavar added in you will have no methodology for parsing out which compound is causing which side. Spoiler alert: It will probably be Tren.

You want to lean out? 500 mg a week of Test whatever, a calorie deficit, and some cardio. I prefer HIIT.

What are your diet plans? Macros?

herrsauce

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect, but it seems like there is some receptive miscommunication occurring. I know I am new here, but I have a few years of blasting and cruising under my belt.
Not only does it seem that the consensus is to add Test, but only Test. First cycle? Just use Test.

If you start with Tren and Anavar added in you will have no methodology for parsing out which compound is causing which side. Spoiler alert: It will probably be Tren.

You want to lean out? 500 mg a week of Test whatever, a calorie deficit, and some cardio. I prefer HIIT.

What are your diet plans? Macros?

Shit, just saw that this wasn't your first cycle. So neglect this post.

Now I am curious as to how many cycles you have under your belt after reading the rest of your posts?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can of course do as you wish, however I do not like to bring in multiple new compounds at the same time. My suggestion is to bring them on one at a time. This is a marathon, not a drag race, and you have the time.

New Threads