Jeff Nippard - Does Cryotherapy Work?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice find Savage. Im always confused by post work out protocol. I know high level wrestlers that all they do is smoke a joint after a hard work out. Always had my doubts about this ice therapy crap and honestly it kept me from dwelling on the fact that no one EVER thought I performed good enough to buy 2 bags of ice and run a bath for me to get better after practice. That said I bought them my self and took many ice baths. I often (not always) felt better from a soreness standpoint. Then I got my heat cut off for a while and had to take cold showers and felt just as revitalized?????

You were high level active back then. What did you think about seeing all these pros getting into ice baths? Did you ever take the plunge? What happened?

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer in icing “soreness”, but the whole body? I think I would rather smoke the joint, and I don’t even smoke....lol

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice find Savage. Im always confused by post work out protocol. I know high level wrestlers that all they do is smoke a joint after a hard work out. Always had my doubts about this ice therapy crap and honestly it kept me from dwelling on the fact that no one EVER thought I performed good enough to buy 2 bags of ice and run a bath for me to get better after practice. That said I bought them my self and took many ice baths. I often (not always) felt better from a soreness standpoint. Then I got my heat cut off for a while and had to take cold showers and felt just as revitalized?????

You were high level active back then. What did you think about seeing all these pros getting into ice baths? Did you ever take the plunge? What happened?

My head coach (he worked with all the pros out my gym) had us all dunk in ice baths - plastic garbage cans filled with ice & water - after tough training. 60 secs in, then out & rotate until everyone had done 4 rounds.

I personally found it did help to mitigate soreness and sore joints. Could have been placebo, but I'm a believer.

Last edited:

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never tried the cryo but its been suggested to a friend of mine that has back problems.

Caballero

Reaction score
I may be remembering this wrong, but you started doing this a few months ago, right? Have you seen any benefits after months of use that you may not have noticed immediately?

Yes you are correct, I paid for 2 months unlimited (costly AF) but did find benefits. It relieved the nagging pain in my left shoulder after hitting them. I also found my body as a whole would bounce back quicker. As I had just started back in the gym in late July/Aug.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I just saw a spot that has a sale $25 per session. I think I might try to squeeze in a couple next month and see how this compares to massage. I do iastm for a couple clients and it’s like night and day.

New Threads