Blast/Cruise/Life update

Battletoad

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've actually posted anything besides a comment. Cruising is going well, and in May, I'll have been on for a year. Leading into it, I was pretty nervous about "taking the plunge" so to speak, but I'm glad I did. I think my biggest worry was managing e2 related sides, but I also imagined them as something far worse than they actually are. It's kinda funny now, looking back in retrospect. It didn't take long to realize that sides (from test anyway) don't just suddenly happen. I've learned to pick up on certain things that indicate if my e2 is creeping up, or if it's dipped a bit too low. Generally speaking, I actually feel better if it's a little elevated. At 500mg/wk I'll take .5mg adex Monday and Thursday, and that keeps me in a good spot. Overall, I've been feeling a lot better than I was before using test. I've yet to have any problems with acne, but I am going bald as a mf. I was on the way anyway, so it's just accelerating the inevitable.

The only real negatives I've had, were some slight pubertal gyno aggravation, and fat gain. The first one I was expecting, and it just is what it is (just sensitive nips, no tissue growth). The second one was a learning lesson that I especially want newcomers, or anyone thinking about aas to read. Yes, exogenous testosterone increases muscle mass, BUT, with the increase in testosterone comes an increase in estrogen. If you have a shitty diet and body composition before using testosterone, it won't "transform" you into some lean mean fighting machine. You'll just be a bigger, stronger, fatter version of pre-AAS you. Had to learn that one for myself, but I'm cleaning things up in preparation for competition in the fall. I'm between 242lbs and 245lbs now, and I'm toying with the idea of competing in the 220s.

Besides that stuff, it's been a busy year. Met a wonderful new girlfriend, wound up helping her with her mom's end of life care (stage 4 breast cancer), got a new job as a welder/pipefitter at a local university, and generally made some big strides forward in my life. The future is looking bright, and life is good.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good post. nice read on your past years experience and good points made.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Welder/fitter, respectable profession, did a lot of that as a young guy. Maintenance shop at the university? Instructor? Life sounds in order man.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Thats great to hear things, overall, have been moving in positive directions for ya BT, sorry to hear about your gals mom, that is a horrible thing to witness/be close to; but im sure she was thankful to have you by her side for some stability.

Reaction score
I know this past 12 months have been pretty difficult for you personally. I am just glad things are finally on the up swing. Nice hearing from you on here.

Battletoad

Reaction score
I know this past 12 months have been pretty difficult for you personally. I am just glad things are finally on the up swing. Nice hearing from you on here.

Yeah, you're about the only one that really knows what kind of a crap sandwich the last year has been. I'm thankful things are looking up, though. It's been a long time coming.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome back. Great post by the way. Glad things are moving in a positive direction for you.

Battletoad

Reaction score
Welcome back. Great post by the way. Glad things are moving in a positive direction for you.

Thanks Motown. My grandpa died last March, just a couple days after my first meet, then my great grandma at the end of May, then my girlfriend's mom just before Thanksgiving. We both started drinking quite often, and that in itself became a problem. All in all, just a lousy ****in year. Three really good things happened though; My grandpa got to watch me compete via livestream, I met my girlfriend, and (because of her persistence) I secured a new career at a university.

herrsauce

Reaction score
instead of it being called the Large Hadron Collider it will be renamed the Swole Battletoad Collider

Hell yeah. I hope they find the infamous Toad Boson that performed the first intergalactic deadlift of a singularity.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads