Looking For Some Direction

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm trying to get in better shape. But I figured I was going to need some help. So... here I am.

About Me.

-35yo
-6'1
-210lbs

I'm not in great shape, but really really want that to change since moving to the coast since I'm on the beach now.

I've read about MK-677 and would like to give it a try, where would I order that?

I don't want anything that has to be injected, but am willing to look into anything else. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Like BB said, get your diet in place first. Just working out and eating clean helped me drop 40lbs.

Most of us have 20 basic things we should be doing before jumping into something more serious. We can use our free time to educate ourselves further. Lots to learn from these guys.

Reaction score
I work out. I've been going to the gym almost every day for the past two months. I alternate between various exercises and muscle groups each day. It's working well, I'm not looking for a magic pill or anything. I would just like some assistance if I can find a good healthy way to do it.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
sarms are a fairytale. your best bet is to get the diet dialed in, get a good preworkout that makes you wanna choke people out and fukk shit up in the gym

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I work out. I've been going to the gym almost every day for the past two months. I alternate between various exercises and muscle groups each day. It's working well, I'm not looking for a magic pill or anything. I would just like some assistance if I can find a good healthy way to do it.
A whole two months?

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score

I think MK has its place but you should realize that it's limited and will pale in comparison to what you can do with good diet and training at this point.

You said don't want injectables so I'm sure you're going to be looking in to SARMS and orals. (mk677 is not a SARM btw.) Be warned that SARMS can be seriously suppressive and are not nearly as well studied as AAS. MK might make some sense for some people who are over 35 and can't afford a decent GH cycle. SARMS on the other hand really don't make sense for anyone IMO so I wouldn't even think about going there.
As far as oral steroids go, oral only cycles are not a good idea.

But the bottom line is you need a lot more time in the gym and to work on your diet before you touch any PEDs, period. 2 months is not a long time.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get drugs out of your head. You’re afraid to use the safest (injectables) variety anyway. Not that I’d advise someone as new to working out as you are to take gear anyway.

Being in your best shape is a table with 4 legs. Those 4 legs in order of importance (IMO) are:

1. Nutrition
2. Sleep
3. Training
4. Supplementation

Supplementation is last because if the other 3 aren’t in place, it doesn’t matter.

So tell us what you’re doing for numbers 1-3, and for how long you’ve been doing it.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I tried creatine during my first month, but it seemed to give me really upset stomach so I stopped with it. And yea, I know two months isn't a long time, I wasn't saying that. Like the title of this thread said. I'm just looking for some direction.

It seems to be the overwhelming view of everyone to stay away from pharms and things, so, now I know. The truth is, I really don't understand them too well anyway. That's why I'm here, looking for sound advice.

Again, I'm new to all of this. Working out has never been my thing as I was slender and thin most of my life, but for a variety of reasons I've managed to gain weight over the last couple of years and am trying to do what I can to get it right.

So, on the other end of the spectrum. Now that I'm going to the gym almost every day and eating right. Do I need protein supplements to help or is it too soon for that too? And if so, what would you guys recommend?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Most people here will recommend getting as much protein from whole foods. (Chicken, turkey, fish or lean beef etc.) Then use protein powders to fill in any missing protein requirements. More frequent smaller meals seems to do the trick.

Checkout Spongy’s recomp guide to get a lot more info. On the supplement side people here tend to recommend fish oil, creatine and protein powder when necessary. Split jury on multis..

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Most people here will recommend getting as much protein from whole foods. Chicken, turkey, fish or lean beef etc. then use protein powders to fill in any missing protein requirements. More frequent smaller meals seems to do the trick.

Checkout Spongy’s recomp guide to get a lot more info. On the supplement side people here tend to recommend fish oil, creatine and protein powder when necessary. Split jury on multis..

To piggy back on this as well... Bcaas, l-glutamine, CoQ10, and flax seed oil are staples as well for me personally.

Reaction score
Fish oil... Hand't considered that. What are the benefits of that in this regard? I'm not trying to look like a marine or anything. I just want to look good on the beach, not to mention just being overall more healthy.

There's a GNC right around the corner from my house, but I've heard a lot of people say that place is overpriced, but I see a lot of people going in and out. Any thoughts there? Like I said, I'm new to this. But I am enjoying eating healthier, I can tell you that.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fish oil... Hand't considered that. What are the benefits of that in this regard? I'm not trying to look like a marine or anything. I just want to look good on the beach, not to mention just being overall more healthy.

There's a GNC right around the corner from my house, but I've heard a lot of people say that place is overpriced, but I see a lot of people going in and out. Any thoughts there? Like I said, I'm new to this. But I am enjoying eating healthier, I can tell you that.

GNC is very overpriced. Do you have a costco?

Reaction score
Yes. I have a Costco card. But I rarely go there. Are they good in terms of BCAA's and other things like that?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get certain things there and I buy my meat in bulk there.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Have you guys heard of Amazon haha just saying

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I try and buy local as much as possible. Doing what I can to keep people employed around here.

There’s a few threads around here that show how fish oil can help with blood pressure and other basic functions. Healthy fats are key to a lot of hormones etc. I think POB or RippedZilla has one on Omega-3d vs Omega-6s that’s really good. (Sorry if I got the author wrong!)

Actually, here’s a great beginners post:

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/16664-A-roadmap-for-the-beginner

Last edited: