Trying to bulk but stay semi lean

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I am 5'11.5" and weigh 210 lbs. and lift 6 days a week (mostly sit at a desk for work). My TDEE is around 3500 cals per day. Right now im bulking and taking in 4000-4500 calories per day. The goal is 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fats.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
I am 5'11.5" and weigh 210 lbs. and lift 6 days a week (mostly sit at a desk for work). My TDEE is around 3500 cals per day. Right now im bulking and taking in 4000-4500 calories per day. The goal is 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fats.
I’m going to feel like I’m going to explode at 4000 calories but nobody said it was easy good luck with your bulk I think I might be the smallest guy on the forum lol when I am 165 I feel great and unstoppable so I bet 200 feels bada**

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I’m going to feel like I’m going to explode at 4000 calories but nobody said it was easy good luck with your bulk I think I might be the smallest guy on the forum lol when I am 165 I feel great and unstoppable so I bet 200 feels bada**

Well, when I joined the board, I weighed 170 lbs... and yes, 200+ feels pretty awesome, but there are a lot of guys on here that literally make me look like im tiny... haha.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
everyone's body is most comfortable and efficient at a certain weight..for me thats around 235. so anything above that requires a lot of force feeding. i could and will get bigger but that's gonna be rough and i feel like unsustainable. why not stay 250 and just get cut ya know? it's a journey bro

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score

I was a tiny 150 three years ago...like the guys said its a journey..you got this man just remember it wont happen overnight.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
I know if I achieve the 170 I’m just going to want more I feel the grocery store is going to be my best friend for awhile

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
i feel like a big p**** on here everyone is a beast I couldn’t imagine being 200 and up that has to take a lot of hard work/dedication/nutrition I wasn’t sure if I would add weight quicker from muscle memory or anything I wrecked my rocket at 110 hit a culvert and I dropped from 160 to 130 and I’ve been working my way up since I’m back to 150 it’s been about a year

As you age it's easier to put on weight.

Don't add much calories but as you do do it gradually.

All good points made here but progress is going to tell your story and IMO at your age and activity it would be very difficult to get huge until you age.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
As you age it's easier to put on weight.

Don't add much calories but as you do do it gradually.

All good points made here but progress is going to tell your story and IMO at your age and activity it would be very difficult to get huge until you age.
So far every thread I make I get quick responses and a lot of good info thanks a lot everyone appreciate all the help and info

Reactions: Jin

herrsauce

Reaction score
Sounds like you are making steady gains on a solid amount of calories. I'd argue to adjust as your body responds. The thing you need most that nobody here can offer is some TIME. It'll come. Muscle takes consistency, intensity, and patience. Keep killing it beast man. I agree that 5-7 pounds a year will be some quality beef.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
So far I have gained 5lbs in the last two weeks. Shows the proper diet and calorie intake is just as important as training. I have been keeping my fats at around 90g a day,So stayed pretty lean. Thanks everyone on here for the input or great advice.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
So far I have gained 5lbs in the last two weeks. Shows the proper diet and calorie intake is just as important as training. I have been keeping my fats at around 90g a day,So stayed pretty lean. Thanks everyone on here for the input or great advice.

Glad its working out for you man...just keep pushing

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I was just thinking of this thread today. You should start a training log on here. I’m sure others would be just as interested as I am in seeing your progression.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
I was just thinking of this thread today. You should start a training log on here. I’m sure others would be just as interested as I am in seeing your progression.
I was thinking about starting one,just have been busy with Easter stuff. I’ll start one on Monday after the holiday.

Reaction score
I think it all comes down to tracking calories properly and only hitting a moderate surplus (200-400 calories) vs. a see-food diet that is easy to fall into and rationalize as you get strong

Cslogger515

Reaction score
How’s the progress coming?
Sorry I have been really busy. Progress is going good starting to get harder the more I gain. Strength has increased a lot. Thought about taking the short cut with some test but decided I’m not close to my genetic potential. It was tempting though but I feel as I should work my a** off to get to my genetic potential. I’m up 14 lbs which I think my calories and diet was just way off with all the cardio I do In the woods so I appreciate all the advice everyone gave me helped a lot.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
How’s your BF% changing with the 14lb? I’m curious because you’re where I’ll be later this summer. (Well not as lean but you’re the closest on the board.)

Cslogger515

Reaction score
How’s your BF% changing with the 14lb? I’m curious because you’re where I’ll be later this summer. (Well not as lean but you’re the closest on the board.)
I try to keep my fat consumption 90g or so. I eat a lot of fish egg whites(still eat whole eggs with yolk but add egg whites in with it) and a lot of lean turkey and beef. My body fat did go up but not anything to crazy. Abs and obliques still visible. Just find a good diet that works for you that you can deal with all the time. it definitely gets hard but I’m glad I’m not over 200 lbs it has to be hard to maintain and get the proper nutrition mad respect for those guys it has to be rough. If your looking for a good meal plan I believe it was helios nutrition it’s under sponsors that does them if I remember right a lot of people are happy with the meal plans if I had extra money to throw rate now I would definitely try to sign up for that. Check it out if you haven’t.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been on a Helios (Spongy) diet for awhile. I’ve dropped from 220 to 170 now. I have a little bit more leaning out to do then it’s building time.

Obviously the body fat will rise when building and it’s a perpetual balancing act. Figured you’d have the best shot at managing it.

Hurt, Gibs and Jin are way to massive for me to relate to at this point :32 (6):

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve been on a Helios (Spongy) diet for awhile. I’ve dropped from 220 to 170 now. I have a little bit more leaning out to do then it’s building time.

Obviously the body fat will rise when building and it’s a perpetual balancing act. Figured you’d have the best shot at managing it.

Hurt, Gibs and Jin are way to massive for me to relate to at this point :32 (6):
Ya I give those guys some credit I don’t think I could do it they have about 100lbs on me and I think it’s hard now. 220 to 170 congrats man that’s a big drop. so what do you think about spongeys nutrition plan I’m really interested in it?