Swollen joints

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
What do you older guys do for joints. My elbows swelled to where I can't do skull crushers. I took 3 days off and it was better but hate to recover 3 days off.
I just got some deca but is there a daily supplement to help or am I just old ... I m 48 . Getting old sucks .. muscles are good but joints dont like the lifting these days. Don't even get me started on the lower back and knees

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Swelled, like a large pocket of fluid?

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I guess I'm qualified to buzz in on this one. What you are describing started with myself around 51 I think, and all I can say is you have to humble yourself by dropping the poundage by slight increments. Obviously I cant give you the exact increments that will work for you that worked for me. As far as back and knees, you're right , lets not get started on that...lol

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
No fluids... just sore and swollen a little. It's almost gone now.
I did heavy skull crushers yesterday. Lol hate to lower poundage but yea getting old .

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuk those skull crushers. Those bothered me even when I was in my 20's.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Fuk those skull crushers. Those bothered me even when I was in my 20's.

DF is right here; drop those fuuers! For some guys, those put your joints at a bad angle.

Also, gear is not going to fix the problem.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Ive had good luck using glucosamine supps to reduce joint pain and inflammation... Some of your inflammation could be affected by diet as well as hydration... Obviously, as stated by the other guys, age is going to be the biggest culprit, but id look into diet to help control inflammation...

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Age is the culprit. When I find the fountain of youth I will let you all know where it is. (for a price of course, noods) Don't do crap that hurts is all that helps me. Knees, I did find a cure for that. I tell someone else to do my squats. :) But seriously auto is on to something, glucosamine supps seems to help a little.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
Sorry not giving up my crushers . Maybe switch them with close grip ?
I thought gear was the fountain of youth lol.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Snake... it wasn't the crushers that did it. I did chest 2 days earlier and that did it. I just couldn't bend my elbow enough being swelled. Today did back no problem .
Still a little tender but getting better.

Bicepticon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I never understood the emotional attachment to exersices.
If it’s not bettering you, in anyway, why continue with the excersice?

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Again it wasn't the crushers that did it. I used to love bent bar rows but my lower back is a mess sometimes had to cut them out.
I work around injuries just like everyone else who has been at this a long time.

New Threads